Precognition📖

For the sake of this one please don't look up the meaning/definition of the title until after reading. Of course if you already know the word's definition then ╮(^▽^)╭

–––

My back landed against the mattress, making my body bounce lightly. Our heavy breathing mingled between the small space between us. His face got closer as his lips brushed against mine "stop" I whispered.

"Why" his soothing voice made me melt under his body heat. Tingles of excitement running over the skin he touched and slid his nails across. My teeth caught my bottom lip in-between them unconsciously as my back arched from the hands roaming my exposed skin.

I felt a thumb pull my lip free of my teeth and looked up into hypnotizing sapphire irises "why" he pressed himself closer, caging me with his body. I didn't stop him as he kissed the corner of my lips and trailed downwards, my vision clouding as he nibbled on my neck. Noises I didn't even know I could produce fell from my lips, those intense sapphires boring into me with every sound.

His lips came back up, leaving a spark behind with each touch until he whispered in my ear "Y/n… please" I felt my breath hitch in my throat when a horrifying noise echoed in the room. Something splattered on my face making me lift a hand to touch the liquid.

As I looked to my fingertips the sight of blood made my stomach drop as dread flooded through me. The noise of someone choking caused me to flinch as I lifted my head up only to see a mutilated and bloodied body on top of mine.

I felt like I was gonna hurl as a scream erupted from my lungs. Quickly sitting up I gasped for air and tried to grasp at anything to make me feel closer to reality. My eyes darted around the dark room to see that I was at home, in my bed, safe. I calmed my shaking down and held myself to slow my breathing.

My phone buzzed on my side table and I looked over to see Kurapika calling me. I bit my lip and slowly picked up the device to answer.

"Do you need company?"

I clenched my teeth and accidentally drew blood from my lip. The metallic taste made my already stale mouth bitter.

"I'm okay Kurapika. Thank you for your concern… I didn't mean to wake you--either of you"

I looked out my window and across the street to the other apartments to see some lights still on, but one stood out to me. Guilt nipped at my insides for waking both of them.

"No need, you can't help it. Have a good rest of your night Y/n" I hummed a small "you too" before the line ended. I didn't even care where my phone landed as exhaustion fell over me like a blanket again, but I still couldn't sleep. Not after a dream like that.

'Who was that? And what were we doing…' heat sprung to my cheeks as I remembered that voice spread over me like syrup would a pancake. Maybe I was just hungry, but that electrifying feeling still tingled across my skin where the guy had kissed.

A scratch at my door made my head roll to look at the clock on my side table "4:38" a dim light spread over my face before my bed dipped from new weight. A wet nose gently touched my cheek and a small smile pulled at my lips.

"Good morning to you too Mo" the white fluff ball gave me a nearly inaudible yip as a greeting back. "Time to get up then" I touched my feet to the cool wood floor and stretched my upper body before standing up and walking out of my small room to the kitchen.

With the flip of a switch light flooded my vision making me squint at my surroundings to get around. My four legged companion being a help with his small paws padding the ground in front of me, like a guide leading the way. "We have a big day today so eat good" I took out his food bowl, cleaned everything, and prepared his usual.