Mr. Traveler☁️

Killu's POV for this!

By tomorrow I needed to at least find some source of actually stable shelter. That was gonna be a lot of hard work though, because that either meant risking everything and going to a nearby village in hopes someone would offer up a spot under their roof, or I actually build one. The latter was getting near impossible with how fast the clouds above were moving.

You see I ran away from home after getting sick of the majority of my family's shit, and have been living off of the nature around me. Every night was spent in either a tree or a small little cave if I was lucky to find an empty one, but now there was a dilemma. A storm was heading straight for me, a huge storm. No amount of walking would get me out of it's path either.

I huffed and kicked a broken branch off into the woods. A splash of water grabbed my attention and I started to walk forward before halting. On one hand I actually kind of needed water, but on the other hand I was already deep into a large uncharted forest and didn't know how safe it would be to go in deeper with my current situation. Deciding that I was currently really thirsty swayed my choice and made me pick up my feet.

It took a minute to get through the greenery, a weird off putting feeling pulsing in my body as if I crossed a threshold made me pause until I saw a large calm lake. My eyes widened at the scenery. It surprisingly looks very kept to and nice, as if the gods themselves tended to the area. I caught the eyes of a deer and my stomach flipped in joy. At the rate this was going, building a shelter in a small amount of time didn't sound so bad.

Little did I know at that time, the whole sky above was calm and steady now.

---

My knife wasn't the most impressive anymore after all of my previous adventures with it, but it did the trick with the right amount of pressure. My arm muscles strained to add more force onto the handle as its blade sawed into a thin tree. After getting far enough I used pure brute force to snap the top off and drag it to where a couple others were next to a small fire I started with my water boiling over top. When I turned back around a black cat was balanced on the stump, staring at me intently. I stopped and stared back.

I tried to speak, but my voice came out broken up and dry. My throat was hoarse without water for almost a week. I swallowed down some spit to help my dry throat and tried again. "Shoo" I nearly croaked out. It stayed.

Frustration ran through me and I flicked a hand in its direction to spook it maybe, yet it still stayed. I watched it calmly lick at its little toe beans before rubbing a spot on its head. I kissed my teeth and decided to forget about it, walking past the cat. "It's very rude to cut down someone else's trees, you know?" I jumped and swirled around only to see the cat now on the ground, maybe a foot away.

I pointed at it and sputtered a moment until I pieced together my words. "Did you just talk?"

"No, he didn't. I did though" I heard a voice directly in my ear and immediately turned again, but no one.

"Shit I'm going crazy..."

"Not at all"

I turned once more and froze at the sight of a woman now holding the black cat. Her eyes are framed by a pair of large black circles on her face. Her lips pulled into a small mysterious small. How did I not notice her? My brain spazzed at the fact I couldn't sense this woman coming near me, let alone get a foot away.

"You seem to be very thirsty and hungry though, if you promise to stop cutting down my trees then I would be glad to treat you to some water and food!" She chirped and started to turn away, her dark clothing making her almost blend in with the darkness as the sun set. I watched her walk away, a frown beginning on my lips.