Two

~Regina's POV~

"Babe are you gonna help me set the bed up?"

"Yes. I'm coming right now." I clean up my mess from my snack and head up stairs. On the last step I almost trip but I catch myself.

"Okay which way Gina? Against the window? Or the wall?"

"Against the wall in between those two windows."

"You think it'll fit?"

"Yeah it should. Move the box spring."

"The what?"

"I mean bed frame."

"Oh."

"The box spring is in the hallway."

"Yea." I help move the bed frame by standing in the doorway.

"That's better babe."

"You were right. I don't know why I thought it wouldn't work there." Once the bed frame is in place, we bring in the box spring and place it on the bed frame. "Now all that's left is the mattress. Help me pull it out the box." It takes a lot of work to get this thing out. We tear the plastic off and unroll the mattress. Emma pushes it on to the box spring.

"Why is it flat?"

"It was just in a box Gina. The directions says it'll puff up in an hour. Come on let's go to Home Depot."

-store-

"Regina? Regina is that you?" I look up to see a familiar face. "It's me Drake."

"I know who you are Drake. What do you want?"

"Nothing. I just saw you in here and was wondering what someone like you is doing here."

I groan inwardly. Where is Emma? "I'm here for supplies, like anyone else would be here for."

"Oh so you have a project?"

"Yep." I grip the shopping cart. Would you just leave? Please!

"So whatcha been getting up to since high school?"

"I went to school, got married, and now I'm building a house with the love of my life. We're expecting a baby." I rub my tummy. I really dislike this man.

"Oh wow congratulations. Did you marry Robin?"

"No she married me Drake. Now leave asswipe."

"Woah Emma. No need to be hostile," he says with his hands up.

"I could say the same thing about you and your dick ass friends when we were in high school. Leave my wife alone."

"Where were you?" I ask her as Drake walks away.

"The doorknobs, G. I found the ones you like. My new gaming desk arrived at the post office. We can pick up today. Here are the knobs." She hands them to me.

"Thank you. We need to get the wood."

"Yes. You know where it is." I nod and lead the way.

-post office-

"Emma it'll fit."

"You think so? Gina we need to buy a car seat."

"I know papi. Put that thing in and let's go get some McDonald's."

"We eat McDonald's all the time."

"And your problem is?"

"Nothing."

"Yea." She gets in the truck and we're off.

-home-

"I'm stuffed!" Emma shouts.