Five

~Regina's POV~

"Regina!! Baby my chickens are here!" Emma screams. "My chickens are here!!"

"Emma would you calm down. You're getting the twins-"

"Riled up."

"Come on Gina! Bring the babies." I roll my eyes and scoop up the babies. They've gotten big. They're six months now and and are amazing little blessings. "Come on baby."

"Emma I'm coming."

"Look at them Gina. They're so cute! Ahhhhh!" She screeches. "It's fifty chickens. Our farm is coming together."

"It sure is. Come on let's bring them to their house." I put on my boats and bring the babies to the chicken house. That's what Emma calls it.

"Regina are your parents still coming. I want them to meet the babies. They missed them at Christmas because they were "traveling." I just think they don't like me. Actually I know they don't. I don't know why." She sets the chicks down and continues to ramble. "They don't have to like me but I want them to know their children. I didn't grow up with a family so I don't want my kids to have that. Just once Regina just once could they come visit."

"Papi I don't know. I really don't know. You see papi Hope? Look at how strong she is. She could lift the three of us. Henry watcha looking at?"

"Regina why are they like that?"

"Who?"

"The babies. They don't do much. Especially for their age. They aren't reaching milestones."

"Maybe their slow? I still love them."

"They're deaf."

"What?"

"Deaf. Our babies are def. They don't respond to us. They might look at us but that's all. They don't even smile."

"They smile at each other."

"They don't respond to their names. Be free chickies." She releases the chickens. The babies get excited seeing the chickens run around. "Watch this Regina." She rings a bell. "See no reaction. We are going to the doctor. Your phone is ringing. I'll take the kids inside. We'll be back. I'm just changing their diaper."

"Wash your hands too."

"Kay." She takes the babies and heads inside.

"Hola mamá." I answer my phone.

"Regina I have bad news. It's your father again. He's not feeling it today."

"What? What does that mean?"

"It means we're not coming, cariña."

"Why?" my heartbreaks and my eyes water. "Why don't you want to see me?"

"Regina it's your father's doing."

"Mamá you said you guys were coming. You don't wanna meet my children. Fine I'll raise them without you! Don't speak or call  me." I hang up and start crying.

"Regina where are the wipes?- oh my- baby you okay?" Emma hugs me tight. "Come inside. I'll call my parents and we'll have dinner with them instead. Come on." I walk inside with her.

"She just blames my father Emma. It's him. It's always been him. He used to be so sweet. Now he just doesn't care. And my mother won't do anything."

"It's gonna be okay babe."

-the next morning-

~Emma's POV~

I snuck out the house with the kids this morning. I'm going to go see Regina's parents. I just want them to meet at least once. Just so Regina's father can know that his grandson has his name.