Rebirth

I let myself fall back on my mattress with tears cascading down my cheeks for a man I don't even remember loving. All I know is that he loves me, or at least who I once was, and that he is out there searching for me.
That boy who was helping me, Heejae, came in my room at the sound. "Are you okay, Heejung?" He said in in a panic, rushing over to my side.
"Yeah, I'm fine." For some reason I didn't want to ask him about the person who wrote in this journal. "Hey Heejae."
He jumped and looked at me nervously.
I felt bad to be so mean to him but," Why don't you go? I'll stay here for today and you probably have other things to do."
Without skipping a beat he replied, "Okay, but... are you sure you will be okay?"
I offered him a smile and nodded ushering him out of the place I used to call home. I knew exactly who I needed to call about this and luckily I knew where to reach them. I sent out a phone call to the four boys I met at the hospital, who recognized me after they had contracted amnesia a few weeks earlier. Apparently I recognized them and panicked when they did not recognize their names. We agreed to meet at a local coffee shop in an hour to talk about the person in the notebook and speculate some more about how we were all related in the past.

I arrived early with the notebook in hand. I wasn't going to let anyone else look at it, but I wanted to be able to look inside it for clues as we talked. Jihae and Jieun arrived first, they both sat down without a word. Typical... As I waited for the other two I tried to start a conversation with the two rabbits.
"So did any of the modeling agencies accept?" I asked casually.
"Yes. In fact they all did, miss." Jihae said before once agin becoming silent.
The next arrival was Jiyeon, rambunctious just like he had been in the hospital and always ready to talk. We chatted aimlessly for a couple minutes and I begun to realize how often he mispronounced things. I found it quite adorable and had to stifle a laugh the next time he said a word wrong.
Jisoo arrived last and the word "thug" crept into my mind as I saw what he had chosen for his casual attire.
"You buying?" he asked me, plunking into the last seat.
Sure, sure. I did call them here after all. "Yeah, I'll buy but I am on a budget so don't totally stuff yourselves."
After we had ordered, I explained the journal and what it could mean. At first skeptical, they soon began to warm up to the story as I spoke on.
We had each finished our drinks by the time I was finished speaking and it didn't take much speculation for us to figure out what happened to each of us. We had figured out our stories, but we still couldn't connect to the people we once were.
Jisoo spoke,"Hey, why don't you start looking for this Jiwoo fellow of yours? We can figure ourselves out and when you find your man, he can come and tell us all what's going on."
The others nodded in agreement and it suddenly dawned on me what I needed to do. Before meeting with the others, I was unsure of what to do, but after sharing with the four of them and talking things out, they helped me set things straight.
Right, I needed to start on my own path now that I had helped them find theirs. If what he said was correct, then Jiwoo should still have his memory and was probably out searching for me right now. He must have meant a lot to me before and I already loved him all over again from reading his words.
After bidding farewell to everyone, I left the coffee shop and headed home. It was late and the streets were too dark for me to go searching for him now, but as I entered my home and got ready for bed only one thought went through my mind. I crawled into bed and drew my sheets over myself, relaxing after feeling lost for so long into the vaguely familiar warmth of my home. Closing my eyes, I whispered that welcoming thought out into the air, "Jiwoo, I'll find you."