Search

I got myself together as I prepared to make quick breakfast, looking into the fridge, I momentarily paused to marvel at all of the cabbage I had in there. Pulling up the lid to a large bowl near the front, I smiled to see yet more cabbage all shredded in the bowl. "Cabbage spaghetti." I announced with a smile.
Wait... something clicked in my head when I came up with that... right, Jiwoo mentioned cabbage spaghetti in the journal. I guess I made it often especially for him. From the looks of it, cabbage must have been a popular favorite of his, as I myself felt no real desire to eat it.
I ended up making myself some quick cereal for breakfast; I had already wasted too much time getting ready. I smiled at myself in the mirror as I left my house. I liked my choice in fashion greatly. I wonder if Jiwoo ever helped me pick out clothing...
I wanted to check Bossun first just in case the wizard decided to be nice and leave him somewhere close by. I doubt it, but I don't really have anywhere else to start. It was a challenge getting my way around since I had lost my memories of where everything was located, but luckily the place was fairly small so it was hard to get too lost.
I spent the next few hours scouring every place I could think to look in the local area. I was losing hope and after catching a quick lunch at the cafe I finally went back to the Bookstore.
It was the very first place I thought to check in search of Jiwoo, but it took me ages to find it. I didn't even know how I expected to find him even when I got there; I just had to hope that it would click and he would come up to me when I found him.
I somberly settled down at one of the tables in the store trying to offer a small smile to the clerk as she welcomed me with a cheery, "Welcome to All of Books, the greatest bookstore in all of Bossun."
I had grabbed a book from the front display without looking. It was a romance novel, gross, but I still felt an urge to read it, for some reason. Why, I wonder? As I began to peruse through the cliché and sappy romance story, a strange feeling overcame me. I recognized this book. It was like a small memory was trying with all its might to push through the veil of my amnesia that barred my past memories from me. Something about Jiwoo, again, I just felt it.
I concentrated hard as I tried to remember, furrowing my brow and biting my lower lip. My strange expression caught the attention of the friendly clerk. She came over to me with a concerned look on her face.
"Miss, might there be something wrong?"
I once again attempted to smile at the lady. "Yeah, actually, there kind of is." I decided that I might as well ask her about Jiwoo since she seemed so eager to help.
She nodded for me to continue.
"Have you ever heard of a rather exotic man who calls himself Jiwoo? I'm kind of looking for him."
Recognition flashed upon her face as his name registered.
"Oh! Yes, I think I do know a someone named Jiwoo. In fact, a man of that queer name applied to work here just last week..."