homesick

After the X Factor shenanigans had ended and the boys decided to stay together, Harry’s homesickness problem had subsided a bit. He wasn’t nervous or as awkward around the boys anymore. They had all warmed up to each other, and were now the closest friends that he had ever had. And, of course, there was Louis. Louis made everything better, always. From the formation of the band, he was the comic relief no matter what, always knowing how to cheer the other boys up and help them out. He was so talented, too, and so calm but hyperactive at the same time but he knew how to bring Harry back to where he needed to be in any situation. Harry wondered how he was actually real, and how he got lucky enough to know him, love him, and have Louis love him back. It had to be fate. Had to be. Harry insisted on that notion and would not budge as long as he lived. If it weren’t for Louis, they boys wouldn’t be were they were now. He kept them together. He was their glue.

And once they started dating, not long after one of the X Factor Live Shows (when it happened, all of the bets around the X Factor house were paid because everyone knew they’d be together eventually, it was only a matter of time), they decided that no matter what happened, they wanted to move in together. Once all the bills were paid and the furniture was bought and ready, their little flat was Harry’s new home. And he couldn’t be happier. He was at a place with the love of his life, he knew Louis was the love of his life already, his sunshine and his light. He was doing what he loved with his best friends. He now had a place where he could wake up happily, next to an amazing boy, and he could pamper him and make him breakfast and fuck him into the mattress whenever they had downtime at home, and they could have movie marathons and do all the domestic things he dreamed about doing with a significant other as a young teen. When they were working, he was singing and meeting fans and doing everything he imagined in dreams, yes, but never in reality. It was amazing, and he couldn’t be happier. Sure, he go homesick very once in a while. He’d cry at the beginning of the X Factor tour, because he was tired and scared of the crowds again, but he had Louis by his side, who would pull him aside and rub his back and kiss his cheek, reassuring him that they were there for him, and he was right there by his side supporting him no matter what, and he deserved all of this. And Harry never let it show on stage. He always stayed confident. The only people who truly knew how his nerves and homesickness got were the boys, Louis especially. Louis knew every little thing about Harry, and he loved all of them, and he would forever.

When the Up All Night tour came around, another wave of homesickness hit Harry. He realized what it would be like having to be away from home for so long this time, and he was downright terrified. Plus, adding that in with the obvious nerves of just performing on stage, he often had some terrible days at the beginning. When the days got really bad, as well, besides the crying and the nervousness and the sadness, he’d also often get headaches and feel extremely nauseous, causing his stomach to act up. He’d often throw up too, and it made everything so much worse. And his Louis hated seeing him like that, his poor boy who did so much for the public and tried so hard, feeling so vulnerable and terrible when the lights went down. He tried his best to make it better for his poor baby. He would snuggle him to his heart’s content to make him feel a bit more at home, and he would interact with him on stage practically nonstop, just to act as some comfort. And it really helped. By the ninth or the tenth show, Harry’s nervousness had washed away almost completely and he was full on excited to perform for all of the amazing fans. He owed a lot of that to Louis, and he knew. Louis knew too. The tour went on happily, and every night at the end Louis would reassure him on how amazing he had done and how he had hit every note perfectly (even if he hadn’t). And Harry would do the same, kissing his face and falling asleep by his side.

The Take Me Home Tour was a bit larger, of course, but Harry was used to being on tour by now. He had only gotten homesick a couple of times in the middle of the tour, because he hadn’t seen Anne, Robin, or Gemma in what felt like forever. But he would Skype and text them, and he was obviously extremely busy and occupied, and that was the best thing for his homesickness. As long as he was doing things, he’d be fine. Louis knew this too, so if he was looking nervous or down, he’d pull him aside and kiss him senseless while no one was looking, or would reassure him with a nudge and a nod, or just tell him jokes to keep him happy. Louis was upset and frustrated because it was harder to openly comfort Harry now because of management and their dumbs rules, but he did it in little ways, when no one was looking. Louis really was the best.