Prologue: Before The Storm

Reporter: *reporting thru the news* Shin Ryojin has won the 2019 World Rally Championship 2-Pro title after a dominant season...

JYP: *sipping coffee as winter begins*

Scout: *enters the room and sees the report from the tv, and looks at JYP's silhouette* well, he did it again PD-nim. *smiles*

JYP: *turns his chair and smiled* yes, he did. Eight years of training and he is already a prodigy in motorsports.

Scout: yeah I know. *clears throat* but how did you cast him? He wasn't a kpop performer. *wonders*

JYP: *sips coffee and chuckles* an interesting story. This scout saw him in Finland when he was 9 years old. He casted him initially because of his looks, and when I found out his real talent, I thought this kid is unique, maybe 'let's make JYP Entertainment not just an entertainment company, but as a breeding ground for future race car drivers.' I didn't have any idea of motorsports but once I consulted with my friends who are involved in motorsport business, I got an idea and took him under my wing.

Scout: *amazed* that's incredible PD-nim. But how was he able to cope up with the training?

JYP: That's the problem. In the first 5 months of training, he was solely focused on driving, technical training and fitness. When I took him one day to a dance class, he'd usually stumble and make mistakes. He was clearly frustrated with himself not being able to dance. So, I had some talks with him and said he needs to improve his personality. He needs to act appropriately when he is faced with the media, fans, and teammates.

Scout: *eyes widen* oh I see...

JYP: which leads to *puts his coffee on his table and leads him to the cabinet where Rojin's trophies were displayed* this collection of his trophies. Once he realized the importance being an all arounder, he worked hard. He even took vocal classes to boost his confidence and self-esteem. I encouraged him to interact with the trainees; Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Jinyoung, Bambam, etc, etc. He became close with them. Because of that, he boosted his confidence and won more racing events in Go-Karts. And around 2014, he moved to rallying and nearly won the 2014 Junior World Rally Championship, finishing runner-up. The following year won the title, and I gave him his debut in kpop, opening his Instagram and YouTube accounts. He was then promoted to WRC-3 the following year, where he won and defended his titles in the two years he was there. He then moved to WRC-2 where he finished 3rd in the driver standings. Nevertheless, he was promoted then again, and won the WRC-2 Pro title this year in dominant fashion. Next year 2020, it's gonna be his first full season in the top tier in rallying.

Scout: *admiring the trophies and awards he's won* wow. He sure is a prodigy.

JYP: and being a prodigy at 22, I always tell him the most important thing. Be humble in the he does because believe me, it's gonna take him a long way through.

Scout: *shocked* he's only 22?!

JYP: Yep, he was born May 5, 1997. 4 years older than Itzy's Ryujin.

Scout: what? *dumbfounded* are they really siblings?

JYP: yes, *chuckles and gives the scout a folder and their bio* and they are the most talented pair that JYP trained. *smiles* And their names are similar to each other so...

Scout: But why is his name come Ryojin?

JYP: He was born in Finland, moved to Korea to witness his sister Ryujin's birth, then returned to Finland and stayed there with another family friend until he was 9 and came back. When he was there, his foster father suggested to change his original name, Heojin into Ryojin, since his foster family can easily remember his name; they are  Spanish.

Scout: Ohh... That's unique...

JYP: *claps* exactly! Although he is Finnish-Korean, it sums up his personality. Red, fiery, and emotion. It means he has incredible emotions and a passionate desire for things.

Scout: ohh... *smiles*

JYP: I wish him the best of luck for the next season.

Scout: yeah...