Chapter 3

As my dad led us out I could feel a lot of eyes on us as we exited the back doors of the pack house and out to the back where the party was set up. Our mothers did an amazing job mixing in greens and purples in the lights and decorations. As we got closer to the thrones our moms made out of tree branches and stones my wolf was getting very restless.
Audrey and I took our seats and kept smiling at our guests as each of our parents, siblings and pack members made sweet speeches about us, I decided to mind link Audrey
Aud something is up with my wolf. She gave me a quick look and I could see the questions in her eyes.
"Audrey and Leah will you both please go to the edge of the forest and strip down and be ready to shift for the first time. The moon is almost at its highest point." My father said and I could see that he was nervous and excited for us. We both stood from our thrones and made our short walk to the edge of the forest. Audrey nodded her head at me with reassurance in her eyes.
We both strip our clothing off and placed our tiaras on our neatly folded dresses and handed them to our mothers. Once the moon hit its apex a burning feeling began to take over my body. I tried my hardest not to make a sound and accept the pain. As the burning began to worsen all of a sudden a loud crack rang out across the silent watching crowd. All o could do was scream in pain.
I felt my body began to take form as every bone in my body began to break and resift into my wolf. I looked over at Audrey who was crumbled up on the ground screaming as her body shifted as well. I fell to the ground and tried to sooth my best friend while trying to not pass out myself. With in minuets we finally shifted into our wolf. Light sweat dropped from our fur as we stood close to each other and faced the cheering crowed.
Our parents walked up to us with pride written all over their face. My father gently patted my white fur.
"Solitude pack meet our new wolves." My father rang out and you could hear the pride in his voice. We shifted back into our human forms which wasn't so painful and quickly redressed and joined the party. Audrey went immediately to the dance floor while I made my way to the snack table.
As I got closer all of a sudden a delicious sent hit my nose. It was a sweet mixture of lavender and ocean. Unintentionally I fallowed the sent and stopped a few feet away from a tall man who was talking to my father. I was going to turn and get away as fast as I could but my father had seen me.
"My dear Leah please come meet Alpha  Aiden." My father said as he held out his hand to me. Slowly I walked to my fathers side and gave the alpha a small smile hoping he wouldn't say the word that my wolf had started screaming at me in my head.
"Well hi my mate." Aiden said and it almost sounded like a purr. I quickly looked down at my hands as I could feel the excitement coming off of my father in waves.
"Wait did you just say mate?" He asked as he looked at me and then back at Aiden.
"Yes dad he did and he's right." I said as I continued not to make eye contact with him. Trying to make myself as small as possible hoping he would stop looking at me.
My dad quickly grabbed his hand and out of nowhere my mom comes charging up to us with a huge smile on her face.
"Well Alpha Aiden I think it would be wise for you to stay with us for a couple of days." Mom said as she gave me a quick squeeze. I looked up at her with begging eyes but she ignored me.
"I would love that, thank you Luna." Aiden said with his eyes never leaving me. Finally I gathered up the courage and looked up at him through my lashes. I met his bright blue eyes with my hazel ones and was instantly drowning in the pools of his eyes. I felt my heart pick up pace no matter how hard I tried to keep it under control.
I knew he could hear my heart as he gave off a soft enough growl that only I could hear.
"Leah will you dance with me?"Aiden asked as he held out his hand to me. I swallowed and nodded my head. Something about him kept making it so hard for me to form simple words.
He took my hand gently and guided me to the dance floor. I saw my mom talking to the dj as everyone started clearing the dance floor no thanks to my dad mind linking everyone. A soft melody came through the speakers and Aiden led me around the dance floor in a simple slow dance.
"My sweet why won't you fully look at me?" Aiden whispered as he inches his face closer to mine. I could feel his sweet warm breath on my face as it sent shivers down my spine. I tried to find my composure and fully look up at him taking in all of his facial features.
"I'm sorry Alpha Aiden. I'm just really shy." I said quickly looking down. Letting my eyes trail down his very fit body. He wore a simple black dress pants with a white button up shirt and a fitted leather jacket. I felt his chest rumble against me as he let out a soft growl once again. I tried my hardest not to let out a soft whimper but I failed.
"Sweetheart you don't need to call me alpha unless we're in bed." Aiden whispered in my ear as his hands gripped me tightly and pulled me closer to him. I felt my breath catch in my chest and felt everything within me start to tingle even more not just from his touch but from his words.
He rested his forehead against mine and slowly smiled at me, no doubt able to smell my arousal.