Chapter 17

Yeji's POV

I didn't get enough sleep last night, I'm thinking about Ryujin. She's probably lonely— way lonely than I can imagine. Us, being together, the only thing that can make her happy.

"Ryeongchaeee~" I mumbled and stood on the doorway while holding chocolate bars that I kept on the fridge yesterday. Usually — from this distance, I'd see Ryujin playing on her phone.

"Is that for me, unnie?" Chaeryeong attentively asked and got up from the bed to went on my direction.

"Ne, I bought it for you. I forgot to give these to you yesterday" I said before handing those chocolates.

"Thank you so much unnieee!" she gave me a tight hug after accepting those.

I closed the door when we parted, Ryeongie came back and sat on the bed. I stood in front of the mirror and tied my hair in ponytail.

"Will you be okay without your Yeji unnie?" I suddenly asked while tilting my head side to side to look at my face in every angle.

"What do you mean?"

"Hm will Itzy be okay, without me?" I asked, looking directly on my eyes reflection— thinking about Ryujin and how I missed those days that we would stare at each other for too long, giving compliments with each other. Ryujin, who never failed to compliment my eyes.

"What kind— of question is that?" Chaeryeong unbelievably asked.

I chuckled, "I just want to know your opinion. There's nothing to worry about that, Ryeong. Now, will the group be okay without me?" I asked.

"We won't but we will try to be okay because that's what you taught us, right?" I smiled before turning to see her, she seemed amused.

"That's good. Every time that I won't be there as a leader, you make sure to be responsible, okay?" I lend my pinky finger and did pinky swear with her.

"Are you tired of us, unnie?"

"Me? Of course not, I'm even the tiring ones because of being so childish most of the time" I said with a smile on my face.

"On cam..." Chaeryeong murmured, "You're just like that on cam. But off cam, I wonder how you're struggling...you always confront each of us about our feelings. I wonder if you ever get tired of that. I wonder if you ever get tired of dealing with all of us..." Chaeryeong stated that's why I pats her head.

"I know how to rest, Chaeryeong-ssi. I will never get tired" I assured, "I'm going somewhere by the way. They're in the living room so join them"

"I'll take a small nap. Take care unnie..." Chaeryeong said.

I heavily breathed before twisting the door knob and going out of our room. My manager's waiting outside of the dorm already. I can see Lia, Yuna and Ryujin from here, they're all in the living room and watching television.

I don't wanna make a wrong move even in here. I can't outsmart our producer no matter what, I knew there's hidden cameras in some corner here. One wrong move— I'll put Ryujin's career at risk.

"Unnie! Where are you going?" Yuna asked with a throw pillow on her lap.

"Just somewhere" I said without looking at Ryujin.

"Banana milk!" she shouted.

"Okay okay, if I ever saw banana milk then I'll buy" I said.

"Can I got with you instead?" Yuna was about to stand up but I stopped her by pointing my index finger on the mid air.

"No, Yuna-ssi. Stay here with your unnie" I said that's why she pouted.