14. [R] Health

"Come on, let's get out of here before...ARGCK!!" I watched  in shock as a single drowned threw one of those tridents at Aneesah, straight in the lower torso. I gasped as she fell backwards, clutching the wound. I turned to the drowned as it pulled another one out. Where the bloody hell does it get those?! Before it could throw another one I ran to it and grabbed the trident from it. Then Stabbed him right in the face. There, that's the last of them. As I heard screaming behind me I ran back.

Aneesah pulled the trident right from her torso with a forceful tug and an aching scream. That cannot be pleasant. I walked over to her, concerned if she was badly hurt. "Are you alright?!" I asked in a sort of panicked tone. She looked really hurt. She clutched the wound tightly and responded "I don't think so...argh." She stared at the trident she removed, it's tips were coated in some sort of red substance. As I picked up the trident I took a closer look, that substance...is that...? No, it can't be. I never saw anyone..."Aneesah? A...are you...?" I asked almost in disbelief. "Bleeding? Yes, honestly I'm surprised it didn't stain my shirt." She said. Now is not the time for jokes. I knelt down on one knee to get a better look. I could see the blood dripping out underneath her sweater. But it's just...it's possible for people to bleed where I come from but it's near impossible because most damages just take up hearts. In order for injuries like this to appear, the damage has to be incredibly severe. "How are you even bleeding this easily?" I asked, literally not prepared for what she was about to say. "People on my world don't exactly have thick skin. We don't have hearts to rely on to absorb the damage, only one that pumps blood through our bodies. It's what keeps us alive and if my body looses too much of it then it's game over...I'll die."

No, no no no no no! She...she's messing with me right?! She can't..."You can't die on me!!" I shouted in a panic. Okay, maybe that wasn't meant to come out but still...I know I just met her but I can't let her die, it's been easier to get by with the company, I don't want to be alone again. "Y-You'll be fine, right?! This is all some sort of...you're alright...right?!" "I don't know, it hurts!" She yelled. Okay maybe we shouldn't be yelling at each other. "Plus, I hope so, I'm actually starting to black out." she said as she held her head in pain. Dammit! I can't lose her, I can't just stand here and do nothing while she's running out of time "There's got to be something I can do to help." "Unless you have any more materials I can use to craft something to help me, I have no Idea what either of us can do." she said. Oh right, she can craft new things. Maybe if I bring her some things, I might be able to help her out. "Alright, what do you need?" I asked eagerly. She looked at me with a bit of surprise, well as much as someone can when there's blood coming from their stomach. "I...I think, hold on..." she said as she reach in her inventory and pulled out a bucket. "Here, there's a forest biome that way where should be cleaner water to wash the wound out, then I need some vines which is top priority. It was part of an invented recipe I saw that might work." She explained as she handed me the bucket and pointed into a different direction. I put it in my inventory and nodded. "Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?" I asked worried, I mean she'a wounded. "I'll be fine" she said. "If anything comes over I'll just play dead" That doesn't sound quite promising.

I ran as quick as I could to the forest biome, as I entered it I was a small pond where the water wasn murky, lucky but I need to move fast. Quickly I filled the bucket up but got stopped by a skeleton. Really?! I don't have time for this dummy, my friend is dying. Then as I finished him off and entered the swamp biome again, I looked to the side and saw a house. A witch's hut? Better avoid that...unless I plan on fighting a witch, WHICH I don't...no pun inteanded. As I went to get some vines, I realized I didn't have any sheers. Damn. Time to think outsids the box. I climbed up a tree and carefully but quickly cut the vines loose with my sword. Right, I've got nine of them, probably more than enough but I want to be sure. When I made it back to  Aneesah's location, I saw she was moved over to a tree. I better move fast, she doesn't look too good.  

I walked over to her and noticed her eyes were closed. I actually panicked a little bit. I held her shoulder, which didn't feel as weird as I'd expect, then again, when she did the same gesture to me before the drowndeds attacked us, it felt so...strange, yet so normal. She flinched a bit, "Hey, it's okay it's me, are you alright?" I asked. She seemed surprised and a bit confused as she looked from her shoulder to me but I'm just glad she's still conscious. "I...yeah. I'm okay." She responded, a little tired. "You got the items?" "Yup, here" I said as I handed her the vines and water bucket. "Thanks, give me a second." Then she tried to punch the ground. Unfortunately that put a bit of strain on her wound. "Ah!" she hissed in pain. "Be Careful" I warned. "I'm fine. I just need a spot to pour the water and one to place my crafting table. From there I can craft the item I need wash my wound to help with the bleeding."  That's her plan? Can items from this world even affect her? I mean she is...different. But it's our only option.

(I actually had more planned for this chapter but I am at a somewhat word limit so I will have to continue...sigh...from MY POV, this is going to be awkward)