Uris Takes A Stand

Lia and Jonathan twisted around, but they were strapped by a thick, metal wire on their arms and legs onto Luke's wall.

"Give us back our friend!", Jonathan shouted. "Oh, that won't be happening," said Luke, with Uris in his body.

"Let us out!" shouted Lia. "The others know we're up here, they WILL come to get us, just you wait."

"Are you sure about that?', asked Luke. "Because I thought they had all ran off when the power had gone out."

"How did you even manage to possess Luke?", asked Jonathan. "He doesn't even have powers."

"Well, I was able to, thanks to this", said Luke as he took out a staff. It was a shiny golden staff with a  blue jewel on the top, that had a blinding light to it that matched the color of the portal when it was accidentally opened. 

"The staff?", said Lia. "But, how did you get it?"

"Every time I sucked out your confidence", said Luke. "I got a step closer to the staff. Your anger and negative only made me stronger, especially when that pathetic kid with ice powers took out his anger onto everyone else."

"Cameron is not pathetic!", shouted Jonathan. "You are! You and your stupid little plan to destroy this place! PATHETIC!"

"Can't you see?", said Luke. "That was the plan. You and your friends thought that you could defeat me, only to make things worse."

Luke laughed maniacally as he walked out of his room and locked the door. Lia and Jonathan again tried to wriggle free, but the wires were too strong.

"We're never getting out of these things!", said Jonathan. "Uris is going to take over this realm and I'm going to be sad because I'm going to die alone!".

"Why would you die alone?" asked Lia. "Isn't Rosanna still your girlfriend?"

Jonathan didn't say a word; he just turned his head away from her.

"We'll probably be here for a while.", said Lia. "So you might as well say something while you still can.".

Jonathan sighed and turned his head towards Lia, who was smiling sympathetically.

"I've been having problems with Rosanna.", admitted Jonathan. "We haven't spoken properly for weeks, and we haven't hung out in a while. I don't want my feelings to...shift to another person. Do you think she still likes me-?"

"Hold up, rewind!", said Lia. "What do you mean by 'shift to another person'".

Jonathan sighed again.

"Do you have feelings for someone else?", she asked. 

"I don't know," said Jonathan. "But I'm not going to tell you who it is.".

"Come on, Jon!", said Lia. "You can tell me anything!".

"I can't!", said Jonathan. 

"I promise you with all of my heart, I will not tell anyone!", said Lia.

"No, I really can't.", said Jonathan. "I don't exactly know what's going on and I have no idea what I want to say.".

"Well, maybe your feelings have shifted to someone you have been friends with for a long time.", said Lia. "You know, like Ashton.".

Jonathan raised his eyebrows as if he was surprised to hear that response. Then, he started to laugh hysterically. "Wow, you think that I like Ashton?", he said. "That's so stupid!".

"You're totally in denial.", said Lia. "Just admit it. It's not really romantic though, it's just an attraction.".

"I don't like Ashton.", Jonathan repeated.