Chapter Twenty-Three

"Why are you even here?" I asked when I'm waiting for my flight.

"As the CEO of the big company, I need to make sure that my employee does her job done."

I looked at her as my brows went up.

"Wow. I'm so sorry, Miss Abella. You're doubting my skills pala. 'Di ko alam. Sana pala hindi nalang ikaw ang in-appoint ko for that position." I sarcastically said.

"Ranianna Marie Abella, CEO and Atty., FA., Alys Karaleen Villin." Jack sounded really proud.

We looked at him curiously and waited for what he'll be saying next. Pati ang mga empleyadong nandidito sa VilSky Lounge ay mukhang hinihintay din ang susunod niyang sasabihin.

"Mga mayayabang na, sa mga title palang."

Sinabunutan ko naman siya at hinampas siya ni Rania sa kanyang balikat.

Natawa naman ang ibang tao na nandidito rin kasama namin dahil sa kanyang sinabi.

"Bakit ka ba nandito?" naiinis kong tanong sa kanya.

"Taking a break, of course. I never been to France." he said and winked at me.

I thought this business meeting would be peaceful like the past meetings that I've been in other country but this will be different.

Magiging magulo ata ngayon.

"Hoy, nasa baba daw yung sikat na banda." narinig kong sabi ng isang empleyado sa kanyang kasamahan.

The employee who was with us the whole time got shocked because of what her friend said.

Maybe she didn't got the memo that we're here.

She whispered something to the lady and her face turned pale and then she turned to us.

"M-Miss Villin, sorry po." she apologized for her behaviour.

"It's okay. Just do your job right and don't leave your posts." I said and then she went outside the lounge.

It's funny how they are still afraid of me even though I appointed Rania as the CEO of the VHC years ago.

Our cousins are just helping us but they want us to take over the while compang since they settled down with their own family.

Some of them are now happily married and have kids while the others are still enjoying their life at its fullest.

Katulad namin ni Rania.

Rania turned thirty years old last year while I'm turning thirty next week but still, we're very single.

Hindi ko lang alam kay Rania.

"You're scaring the kids, Karaleen." Rania said as she stood up and get something to eat.

"I didn't."

"Yes, you did." Jack said and made face like a kid.

I heard some screams outside the lounge but I just let our employees looked who passed by.

"Ang gu-gwapo talaga nila 'no." I heard one of the passenger said.

"Pero someone saw Ridge last night woth a woman at a bar."

"Baka yun yung rumored girlfriend?"

"Hay nako! Bakit si Ridge pa! Pwede naman yung iba ah. Bakit yung crush ko pa."

The two bickering human beings are now back with a plate of sweets.

"Oh, naririnig mo ba yung usapan nila?" Rania said as she continues eating a slice of brownie.