Chapter Twenty-Six

"We already talked about this, Karaleen. Why did I found these papers in your table? Again!"

I just rolled my eyed as Rania continued to scold me because she saw the papers about the case of Mama and Papa, eight years ago.

"I want the justice their deserved, Ran." I said as I snatch the paper she's holding.

Thank gods she didn't saw that.

"They are resting peacefully now, Kara. Can you please stop?"

I cleared my throat then looked at her.

"I saw August in Paris, Rania!" I exclaimed. "And I don't think meeting him right there is a coincidence."

"How come hindi coincidence yun, Kar? Malay ba namin ni Jack na doon din pala yung meeting na pupuntahan ni Kuya A!"

"Well, Rania. There is no such thing as coincidence."

"Oh stop giving me that shit, Karaleen."

"I did not give you shit." I said as I sat my chair.

"It's almost the end of my Presidency so please, don't do any recklessness now kasi ikaw naman talaga dapat ang nasa puwesto ko."

"I promise after I give justice to them, Ran."

"You said to me after you passed the BAR Exams and you did it in just one go!"

"Rania—"

"What the hell are you two doing?"

The both of us looked at my door when ate Lumi entered my office.

"Why are you shouting? Rinig na rinig ko yung sigaw mo Rania sa labas." Ate Lumi said gritting her teeth.

"Yeah, Mom's right. Why are you fighting, titas?"

Even our thirteen year-old nephew heard us. Way to go, Rania.

"She wants to seek justice for tita Karen and tito Landro, ate Lumiere."

I was shocked when Rania really told ate Lumi my plan!

"Rania!"

"What? Is it true, Karaleen?"

"Ate Lumi, gusto ko lang mahuli ang pumatay kila Mama." I defended myself.

"Do you think tita and tito will be happy because of this? You didn't even stood as our President for eight years, Kar. Eight years. We need your leadership pero hinayaan ka namin mag-aral ulit dahil sabi mo wala ka nang pinagkatiwalaan na abogado pag dating sa kaso ng pagkamatay nila tita,"

"Mom, stop it." my nephew said as he held ate Lumi's arm.

It's true.

I didn't even trusted Kael after all these years even if he also wanted to open the case about the murder in our mansion.

"No, she needs to hear this shit." Ate Lumi said to him and looked at me again.

"Mommy! Language!"

"Do you think seeking justice can bring them back from the dead, Karaleen? You think if you did find the justice you're seeking eight years ago, you think they'll just show up right in front of us like nothing happened?"

I stopped myself on talking back to her because she made sense.

They won't be back, alright. I just wanted to do this for myself. For me to get my peace of mind back because all these time I was afraid on trusting people.

But I didn't noticed that they are also affected of what happened. They also lost my parents. It's not just me who lost my parents, it's also them losing a family member.