Chapter Twenty-Five

"K-Kara, there are some reporters outside." Rania said as I finished preparing.

Black dress. Black shoes. Heavy tinted black shades. And just a plain face.

Today's the burial.

I wanted it to be private but of course the media won't let that happen. Why? Because everybody wanted to see what will my reactions could be.

I wished that I wouldn't breakdown. Or I just hoped that a dramatic burial won't take place today.

I wanted them to rest peacefully.

I wanted them to be assured that I'll be fine without them.

"Is..."

I don't think I should ask Rania or Jack if he'll be coming today because since he left me... he didn't came back.

"Is August downstairs? Is... Is he with Jack?" I asked as my voice broke.

Rania wiped her tear and shook her head.

I gulped and tried not to cry, instead I inhaled then released it immediately as I walked outside my room.

All of them are waiting for me to come down and I don't like their stares.

I didn't know that their stares could hurt me this much. It really is true that if looks could kill, I'd be dead now.

Then, it's a good thing right?

Being dead and being with them, I mean.

"The bodyguards already blocked them. The cars are in the garage so need to worry about them flocking towards you." Tita Learra said as she caressed my hair.

"We're here, okay?" she said as she patted my shoulder.

They hug me all at once. Or should say we did a group hug?

They flocked our car as we are getting out of the house. I got slightly scared because of their thirst to have a word from me.

All of my tita's are the one who faced all of the reporters and they organized my parents' burial.

When we got to church, I didn't expect that many people will be going to the last mass for my parents. It looks like the company took a break for them to attend today's mass.

I stayed silent the whole mass.

I heard some whispers around us that why am I like this. Acting like this wasn't a big deal to me.

"Why isn't she crying?"

"Why is she so composed?"

"Maybe she wished for this to happen because she was the next to lead in their generation."

I heard it all but I act as if I didn't hear all the hurtful words they told me.

As I got up near my parents' casket, standing in between them, I didn't knew that I don't want to let them go. When I thought I was ready to let them go, that I will be okay without them.

I was wrong.

"M-My parents are one of the most genuine people that I knew. They don't have any rivals when it comes to business because they understood each profession. It may be businessman, a driver or a caretaker. They all understood what is the importance of the work of each people they spend time with."

I sighed as I looked the both of them, sleeping peacefully in their own caskets.

"I was their only child. That's why I didn't thought that this could happen in just a snap."