CH5 - Meetups

It was a chilly Monday morning

She just finished her work and was about to retire to have some breakfast when suddenly a new message was delivered to her inbox.

Team Familea:
Please free up your schedule tomorrow as we will have your first rehearsal for the battle rounds.
We expect you to be at studio A and meet with your coach at exactly 11:00 am. Please be on time.

It has been two weeks since her blind audition had passed.
Ellie has never told anyone, even to her family that she actually went to the auditions and got through.

She set her alarm for tomorrow as she smiled thinking of the thought that she'll get to see her idol the next day.

She then went to her bedroom, opened up her wardrobe and carefully chose what to wear for tomorrow.

It was a tough choice for her to make. Ellie wanted to look good in front of her coach. Her first option is to wear a dress, so she could look girly enough or rather go with a top and jeans; but it makes her feel less appealing.

As much as she wants to dress to impress, she decided to go on with what she's most comfortable with. And that's to wear pants.
She then looked up for a foot wear that could go along with the clothes.

At last she felt that she's all ready for tomorrow. She went out from her bedroom and finally decided to eat her breakfast to officially start the day.

-----

10:30 am the next day.

Ellie got off the Grab and proceeded to walk towards Studio A. There she saw a familiar face of one of the TVP staff members.
No other Familea members are there yet, so she was told to sit and and relax in one of the couches for the meantime.

She took out her phone, checked and read some of her emails she got this morning.

Fr: Daniel Yun
Subj: Ep8 revision

Hey Ellie.
I know this might piss you off, but the director is looking to see if you can somehow change Yun-yil's line in Scene 85. Already told them you're against revisions but they insist.
Please humor me.

"Sigh."

She was focused on composing her reply to this Daniel guy and was about to hit send when a familiar voice echoed all throughout the room.

"Hi everybody!"

Ellie looked up to see who it was and her guess was right. It was Lea. She looks stunning as ever. Even if she only wears a simple blouse top, jeans and sneakers, the Broadway star still looks gorgeous as ever.

She stood up to greet and say hello to her coach.

"Hi Ms. Lea." She said shyly.

"Oh, hi! Wag na Ms. Lea, Coach Lea na lang. It's been weeks, how have you been?" (Don't call me Ms. Lea, Coach Lea will do.)

Lea sits down in one of the stools just beside the couch she was sitting at, motioning for her to sit down as well. A staff approaches Lea and whispered something to her ear in which Lea responded okay.

"It seems the other Familea member is not yet here. So how are you?" Lea smiles towards her.

She can't believe Lea is talking to her one on one. She's just an arms length away from her and El feels her heart would explode any minute. She locked her phone's screen, put it inside one of her jeans' pocket and tries to speak and act normally not to give away herself.

"I'm doing okay. Kind of nervous."

"Why? Don't be. This is just a rehearsal. Wag kang kabahan ako lang to." (Don't be nervous, it's just me.) Lea laughed. She remembers clearly how this girl intrigued her during her audition.

After a few minutes of waiting the other Familea contestant came with companions in tow. They quickly apologized for being the last to arrive.
Lea just okay-ed with it as they are not actually late. There's still 5 minutes before the actual call time.

El was introduced to her rival for the upcoming battle rounds, Clarisse. She seems to be at least four years younger than her. The latter came in at the studio together with her parents who were very supportive with her. This actually caused Lea to ask Ellie on why she didn't have anyone with her.

It was uncomfortable for her to speak about her family matters to people she's not really close with. But she felt obliged to answer as it was Lea who asked.

"My family is residing on the countryside so I'm just living here in the city alone." She always feel ashamed every time she admits that to other people. On her mind, it is like a negative thing to be alone.

"Wow. Living independently? That's nice."

Somehow, El felt relieved as she heard how Lea responded. They then started the actual rehearsals. Clarisse and Ellie were told that they're going to be singing The One that got Away as their battle round song. This song have a special meaning especially to Lea's fans as this represents Aga Muhlach's unpursued love to the former.

"Okay ladies, let me hear you sing together first."

*****