CH43 - The Gift

"Yes, coach

"Yes, coach. I am."

"When did you arrive? We were just on face time earlier."

"I just landed today. I came here straight from the airport."

Lea doesn't mind anymore if their conversation is being heard by the whole audience, or if the show will exceed its run time as this is not part of the original set, she just wants to talk with Ellie right now.

"Why did you not tell me?"

"Well, to surprise you." Ellie just grinned at her beloved coach.

"You should have told me at least."

Lea then gazed towards the direction  of her brother.

"I asked you what's going on, and you said you have no idea." the Broadway star jokingly reprimanded her younger brother.

The musical director just laughed as he explained his reason to the star. They've made it secret to surprise her after all.

"Do we really have to talk about this right now, I mean this is your concert. We should be celebrating you." Ellie said.

El looked at the audience and gestured her hand asking for support in which the audience responded with a loud cheer.

"Yeah. And it's my birthday too. So I get to have the say on what you should do while you're on my stage." Lea teases her protege.

"Oh boy, alright before you ask me anything that might put me in shame, let me give you my present first."

"You have a gift for me? But you coming back and being here, is already the best present you can give me." The audience once again cheered in support for the amazing woman on stage.

Ellie signaled one of the staff to hand over a metal clasped envelope which she then gave to her coach.

Lea was a bit confused about El's present. With her wit and sense of humor, she remarked :

"Wow, what a nice wrap for a gift, ano to, titulo ng lupa?(what's this, a deed of a land?)

All of the people present at the Resorts World Manila laughed so loud with her comment. Even Ellie could not hide her smile as the Broadway star reacts on the envelope she just gave to her.

Lea opened it up and was dumbfounded with what she saw. It was a pile of documents. At a far glance it may look like a deed title but what she's holding is much more thicker than what land titles should be. She read the first page and tried to scan the remaining contents.

"Th-This is a movie script!"

All of the audience wowed in their seats as the Broadway star revealed what Ellie's gift to her is.

"Yeah. I made it for you. If you want to do it with Aga, or with someone else, or if you want others to act it out, it's entirely up to you. I'm giving you all the reins for this project."

The fans kept applauding as this was what they've been asking for a very long time - a third movie with Lea and Aga as the main actors. They couldn't believe it can be true. Now that a script has been made, the chance of seeing the former love team on screen just increased its possibility. They couldn't be more happy with what El gifted her coach.

"Goodness! This is too much!"

"Well, nothing less for a world-class star like you." El said being satisfied on seeing how surprised her lovely coach is.

Lea hugged her protege once more whispering thank you to the lady.

"Okay, since you gave me a precious thing, I won't ask you to do anything funny anymore. I know you're jet lagged so you can just take your seat back and we'll talk later."  the Broadway star said sweetly to her protege.

"Wow. Thank you coach ah. Hahaha." the young woman responded with a laughing sarcasm as if she's indebted to have herself saved from any inconveniences her coach might have her do onstage.

"Wait. How come I haven't noticed you from the audience seats?"

"Oh well.. That.. I'm actually sitting at Zone 4 ."

Lea was a bit shocked hearing this. That part is not actually near the stage, so as the reason why she wasn't able to see her from the audience.

"Seriously, why there?" It was confusing for Lea to believe that El would just settle at zone 4, knowing that the young woman is financially loaded to afford her front row tickets.

"Well I told you I just came back today right? Do you even know how hard it is for me to salvage an entry pass to your sold out concert? I literally have to beg someone to give up their seat and sell it off to me."

The audience once again laughed with how El shared her difficulties getting entrance to this night's event. Indeed, as Lea's 50th Birthday concert was only for a one night show, all tickets instantly sold out the moment it became available.

"That's why you should've told me that you'll be back, at least I could do something about the seats."

Her talented protege just smiled and waved to the crowd as she goes down from stage. Her coach asked her audience to give her surprise guest another round of applause.

-------------------

The main concert has already ended and Lea was just finishing up her meet and greet session with the fans.

Right before she left from the audience seats, a staff approached Ellie telling her to stay as per Lea's instructions.
So there she is, at the backstage dressing room, playing with Nicole as she give her pasalubong to the kid.

It was what she specifically asked for; a customized Adventure time skateboard with matching helmet and safety pads.
The teenager can't be more happy with what her Ate Ellie gave her.

She had also greeted and briefly spoke with Gerard and Ligaya as she give thanks for helping her out with the surprise. But the two Salongas were really the most grateful as Ellie's return and surprise visit at the concert gave Lea so much delight on her birthday.

About twenty minutes later, the Broadway star came in to the dressing room and immediately checked if El was there. She wouldn't let the young woman escape from her grasp.

She had her make up removed, changed into casual clothes as she invited her family to dine out; her husband Rob together with their daughter Nicole, her brother Gerard, her mother Ligaya and Ellie included.

The latter could not refuse, as all of them insist on having her come as well. She relented on their request even though she feels so much tired from her flight.
She grabbed onto her chest as she takes a deep breath.

Nobody else had realized that the young woman slowly feels her heart hurting so much.