CHAPTER ONE

"Celine, you scared of tomorrow's exam?"

She's Leslie Ruiz. My best friend. We're classmates since elementary. We literally grew up together.

Sisters by heart.

We're at the mall right now. We've decided to stroll earlier, and now having snacks in Krispy Kreme after our major shopping.

The exam she's talking about? It's the College Admission Test. Since we're best friends, she decided to tag along to my chosen school.

College of St. Bernard

My dream school. The school that really holds dearly to my heart.

Why? Because of him, my idol.

Funny as it may seem, but yes. That's the sole reason. He was a student of that school.

l just wanted to feel the air that he used to breath. Wanted to take my steps on the same ground he used to walk. To sit on the benches he used to loiter during his college.

At least in that way, I could feel him. I could at least say,

I'm part of his world.

"Kung di ka ba naman obsessed sa ultimate showbiz crush mo, pati course nya talagang tinake mo din" She said sabay iling.

She's right. I decided to take AB Psychology because of him. Well, I wish to take Psychology even in high school naman.

But when I found out, he used to be a psych student, that illuminated my dream even more.

And because of showbiz and his fame, he decided to quit school to cater the demands of his work.

"Baket kasi hindi nalang kasi yung mga teen stars of today's generation and pantasyahan mo? He's older you know. And besides, madami din namang gwapo and hot ngayon ah! The likes of Enrique Gil, James Reid, and OMG! My ultimate love, Daniel Padilla!" she squeals.

She's a die-hard supporter of Daniel. The King of Hearts of the industry. She go crazy everytime we talk about her idol.

In some way, I see myself in her.

With that thought, I smiled.

"Leslie, what can I do? He's my childhood crush. Well, I'm not taking it against the men you just mentioned. But there's someting in Nico that I just couldn't let go. Madaming gwapo ngayon sa showbiz, yes. But my eyes, and my heart is only for him."

"You really like him, don't you?" She asked.

"Nope. It's an understatement. I love him." I retorted.

"You know what? You fell in love with him at the age of what? Six!? Damn! You're really hopeless. That love is just impossible. Aside from the fact that he's older – wait how old would he be now?" Totally unaware.

"Twenty seven" I answered plainly.

"Exactly! nine years. You're nine years younger. And of course – he's ... uhmm... you know ..."

"Dead." I added.

She automatically panicked when she saw me in grim. Tears started to cloud my eyes when I suddenly remembered his face. Memories flashback, pain strikes again.

"Oh no no no! I'm sorry sis. I didn't mean to upset you." She instantly hugged me.

I smiled a little to let her feel I'm fine– somehow.