Prolouge

We see a big house in Lilycove City, Hoenn. This is the Kirameki residence where there are two girls in the  garden, one, with pink hair, is gracefully dancing while the other is looking at her in awe.

"Wow! You're so good at this, I wish I could dance like that!" Said the younger of the two, admiration written all over her freckled face.

As the older girl was about to reply, their mother called them in for supper.

Timeskip to dinnertime:

"So Aria, another one of your dance competitions is coming up, right?" Their father asked the pink-haired girl.

"Yep! And I'm gonna ace it!" Aria said with excitement glimmering in her pink/red eyes, "Ygu wyss foo gate!" Ariel said between a mouthful of food.

"Ariel! Don't talk with your mouth full!" Their mother scolded her.

"'Aight mum"

A year later:

Mr Kirameki barges into Ariel's room, only to see her curled up on her bed with a small Vulpix plush reading Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief for the eighth time and cursing Ares as softly as she can.

"Ariel! All you do is stay in your room all day! I get it, reading is a good thing, but you need to make friends, why don't you go outside and play with kids your age?"

Ariel looked up from her book, "Huh? But this a really funny part, Percy just plummeted—"

"Ariel, why can't you act like other kids your age?! You need to go out in the sun and make some friends!"

Ariel sighed and put her book down. She reluctantly got up and freshened up, before going to the front door and going out, trying not to slam it. Her parents hated it when she showed even the slightest signs of anger or sadness.

'Go out and make some friends, Ariel, they'll love you because of Aria, Ariel,' she bitterly mocked her father in her head. She loved mocking people in her head, it calmed her down, a little.

Ariel went to the park and saw some kids playing there, there was also a Poochyena with them. Ariel tried to go up to them, but what if they didn't want another person butting in? What if they didn't like her and turned her down? What if— so she did something that she knew would be the best. She sat down and tried to pass the time daydreaming and thinking of how annoying Aria and her parents were. At least they couldn't invade her thoughts like they did with her other stuff.

She had tried to keep a diary once, but her mother snooped through it and found out about a few rude things she had written about Aria. Ariel could never forget the disappointment in her voice as she scolded her daughter, before promptly grounding her and giving her the silent treatment for two weeks.

'If Aria had written something like that about me, she would totally brush it off. Oh wait, she wouldn't have found out in the first place because she doesn't invade Aria's privacy!" Ariel thought, she knew the incident had happened ages ago, but that didn't stop her from being salty about it. She couldn't help it, all the bottled up anger had to go somewhere, and it was better to use sarcasm than blow up at an innocent person or Pokémon. She didn't realise how much time had passed, but the sun was about to set. Not wanting to be attacked by Dustox and Venomoth, Ariel went back home.

"So, did you make any friends?" Her father asked.

"Yeah! I did make a new friend! Her name is Sadie Conifer and she's Professor Birch's niece, she said that she would start her journey in Unova, though. So we can't travel together when we're older."

"Oh, well, at least you did something other than sit in your room all day."

'I did make a friend, just not in the way you wanted.' She thought, smirking as she locked her bedroom door and pulled out a notebook.

'Better keep track of my "friends". And keep this out of their reach, of course.'

She opened the notebook and took out
the first pen she found. Then she stared writing.

Name: Sadie Aurelia Conifer
Appearance: Dark skin, bright green eyes, chestnut brown hair, a small, button nose, heart-shaped lips, high cheekbones and long lashes.
Past: She grew up pretty rich with loving parents who got her everything she needed, and most, but not all, things she wanted. One of the things she wanted was to catch every serpentine Pokémon ever. Pretty great goal, if you ask me. But the problem was, the only serpentine Pokémon in Hoenn is Seviper, and they're really dangerous. So, she asked them if she could start her journey in Unova instead, as the final form of the Grass-type starter, Snivy, which was called Serperior, was a serpent.
Clothing: Light colours, bracelets, dresses, overalls, hairclips, hair ties with charms, etc.
Usually looks: Confident and Sophisticated.
Personality: Kind, friendly, sympathetic, patient, understanding, sophisticated, a bit too trusting, eccentric.
Likes: Making friends, serpentine Pokémon, raspberry ice cream, Petcha berries, cooking, drawing, being a leader.
Dislikes: Bullies, mammalian Pokémon, high-maintainence Pokémon who need to be washed a lot and take a long time to dry, Pokémon with too much fur, tomato berries, bitter food, spicy food, clothes that are either too tight of too lose, small spaces,  being alone, not knowing what's going on.
Goals: Travel the world and acquire every serpentine Pokémon to ever exist.

Now that that was out of the way, Ariel was looking for a place to hide it where she was sure nobody would stumble upon it. After looking for loose floorboards for a while('The Dursleys didn't notice that'), she decided to just hide it under her mattress. It was hard work, but she finally made it.

Then, Ariel had dinner and went to sleep, secretly hoping Sadie was real, she could certainly do with a friend like that.

From then on, Ariel always went out, and came home to tell her father about a new friend she had(quite literally) made.

Two years later, The family is in LaRousse City for a vacation:

"Mum! Can we go to the Battle Tow–?" Ariel tried to ask before Aria cut her off, "I like these shoes, what about you Mum?"  "Why, they're brilliant sweetie! You have a great sense of fashion!" Their mother said.

"My sweet little lady! So kind, so amazing, I bet you would do great in whatever you attempt, Aria!" Their father said to Aria.

Ariel, on the other hand, was looking outside the shop window, "Hey look! That big-haired lady has a Glameow! I bet she's from Sinnoh, they can't be found anywhere in Hoenn."

"Ariel! You can't just call people big-haired, and it's rude to point."
Mrs. Kirameki scolded her daughter, again.