A New Pokémon!

"Ugh..." Ariel groaned for the fifth time that day, no one had warned her about how itchy the tall grass was! Not to mention, she was not able to catch a single Pokémon as of yet and Torchic was exhausted! She was not carrying any potions with her either, so all in all, this whole thing was a bad idea.

Luckily, she spotted a lake-pond-stream nearby, and ran to it as fast as she could.

There, she splashed some water on her face and, when angry blisters didn't pop up, drank some too. The cold water felt like a breath of fresh
air.

"Torchic, come out!" Ariel ordered, throwing her Poke-ball into the air. The tired and weary chick Pokémon looked at her and tilted his head, indicating that it was confused.

"Well, we better get some water," She shrugged, taking her water bottle out and filling it up with some clear water from the stream.

"Agh!" Ariel yelped when something other than water flopped on her arm. Looking at it, she found a Magikarp.

"Ugh, I was hoping for a better Pokémon, Aria's first catch was a Spritzee. Guess I gotta settle for this though. Torchic, Scratch!" Ariel groaned, before commanding an attack that wasn't weak to water moves.

Although it's not like it knows any, she thought after hearing the Poké-ball ding. Magikarp only knew three moves, all of them Normal Type.

When she finally got the Pokémon center in Petalburg city, she booked a room and got her Pokémon checked up.

"Your Pokémon are in perfect health!" Nurse Joy smiled, handing Ariel the two Poké-balls.

"Thank you, Nurse Joy." Said Ariel politely, then she bought some potions as well.

"Hey, Ariel!" She turned towards the voice, only to come face-to-face with Finnian, whom she had almost forgotten about.

"Oh, it's you." Ariel said unenthusiastically, resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

"Yeah! Did you catch any new Pokémon? I got a Zigzagoon and a Shroomish, isn't that great!" Finnian exclaimed happily, his grin not faltering for a moment.

"I... didn't catch any." Ariel lied, there was no way she was going to tell him she got one of the most useless Pokémon in existence, especially after learning that he got not one, but two amazing Pokémon!

"Really? You're holding two Poké-balls, though?" He tilted his head.

"That-that Pokémon belongs to... my sister! She sent it to me to see how it'll thrive in 'My care'," Nice save, Ariel.

"Hmm," Finnian raised an eyebrow. "If you say so..." He said suspiciously, shrugging.

"I... have to go!" She said in a hurry, running off to her room.

"Whew, I'm not looking forward to seeing him again, that's for sure." She muttered to herself, locking the door behind her.

"Sparkle, that's not how it works, silly." A voice that she felt like she should know, but couldn't put her finger on it, murmured, and she saw a hand in front of her. Along with a faceless figure, either green or raven hair framing a face she couldn't remember very well.

As she reached out to take the hand, however, the ground underneath her exploded in... water? Wait, that wasn't the ground at all, Ariel was on top of a Wailord!

"Ahh!" She was flying through the sky, she wasn't falling, anyway. Then she spotted the ground and landed squarely in the middle of... an island? A laboratory? A field? She didn't really know what this was, but then she saw the same figure running towards her.