Time To Shine, Ariel!

Ariel woke up on April first. Her birthday was yesterday but she wasn't allowed to throw a party of any kind, her parents said that she needed to be up and early, and partying late into the night wasn't going to help. Ariel doubted this, as they had let Aria throw a party for her tenth birthday.

"Oh well, who am I to complain? Gotta get ready now!" She thought and then went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, and then took a quick shower. She rummaged through her clothes, determined not to find an outfit that would make travelling comfortable, but one that could outshine Aria's.

When she went down for breakfast, her parents were already sitting at the table, eating pancakes( totally not because It's the only "breakfast" food that I know most people are familiar with).

She joined her parents, wearing a lavender sundress with a white cardigan and white ballet flats which were a tad too pointy to let her toes breathe. She also wore her hair down, without anything holding it back, and a lavender straw hat with a dark purple ribbon.

"Where exactly are you going to keep your Poké-balls, young lady?" Her father asked her, looking at her clothes with a disapproving look. This made Ariel scoff. "My purse, duh."

Her mother ushered her to hurry up and get her starter, as the ferry to Littleroot town would leave soon.

Mini Timeskip To After The Ferry:

She made her way to Professor Birch's laboratory and was greeted by a man, one of the Professor's assistants, by the looks of it.

"Hello, I'm here to pick a Hoenn Starter." Ariel said with extra stress on the name of their region, something that confused the assistant but he didn't bother and just invited her to meet the Professor.

"Hello! Nice to meet you, I'm Professor Birch!" He greeted her with a friendly smile, which she returned as she introduced herself again.

"Now, first and foremost, your Pokédex." He handed her a blue box-like device.

Then, Professor Birch took out three Poke-balls and tossed them into the air. Out came three Pokémon.

"Torchic-Tor!" The chick Pokémon chirped excitedly. Before noticing Ariel and passing her a small smile from behind a vase.

"Treee-Ko!" Out popped a Treeko, who looked around his surroundings and then casually leaned against a counter, eyeing Ariel from head to toe.

"Mudkip-Mud!" The axolotl cried out and began jumping around excitedly.

Ariel stared at all the starters and then checked their Pokédex entries. She then thought some more(indecisive much?).

After a lifetime of thinking, she made a decision, "I choose Torchic!" She exclaimed, pointing at said starter.

Torchic looked surprised at first, but then ran to Ariel and threw himself in her arms. She surprised herself by hugging the adorable chick back.

Just then, a boy ran inside, looking like his pants were on fire.

"S–Sorry I'm late! And–whoa..." He looked at Ariel for a split second before realising what he was there for and asking the Professor for a Pokémon. Professor birch smiled at him while Ariel scrunched up her nose in disgust, mirroring Treeko's expression when it was chosen as this clumsy idiot's Starter. All because he thought it was "So darn cool".

Ariel looked even more annoyed when he challenged her to a battle, as he'd just found out that she might be one of his future rivals.

They battled and Ariel lost. Excited, the trainer, whose name was Finnian hugged his Treeko, who smirked. Maybe seeing Finnian in battle had changed the Grass–type's opinion on him just a bit.