Chapter 3 - Surprise!

We had walked to the local pizzeria that was only a block away. I ordered a slice of Hawaiian pizza and he had a slice of sausage pepperoni pizza. We sat by a window. The clouds were grey and it was drizzling outside. Thomas cleared his throat.

"So how have you been besides you know everything." He said. I looked back at him.

"Oh great I guess. I live with my friend Owl and-"

He cut me off. "I've been meaning to ask, is her name really Owl?"

I let out a short laugh. "No, her name is Olivia I call her Owl because her initials spell it out. Olivia Winter Lucel."

"Oh I was wondering who would name their kid Owl?" He laughed a bit.

"That would be strange. Anyways, why did you want to eat lunch with me?"

"Oh just to catch up more, it's been what six years."

"Ah. So how long have you and Isabella been together?" I asked changing the subject a little.

"About two months." He said. (I don't really know how long.)

"That's nice." I said. We talked for a while mostly about London and its beauty. Hours went by of us just talking and messing around a bit. I still feel a bit wrong being even near him while his girlfriend isn't here. It was now five in the afternoon and we had finished eating a long time ago. I stood up.

"Well thank you I had a wonderful time." I brought out my wallet.

"Oh no you can't pay, I'm the guy I pay." He said bringing out his own wallet.

"That's only on dates and this is not a date." I said heading to the cash register to pay.

"Who says it's only on dates? What if I just want to be friendly?" He asks.

"Well you've been friendly enough, my turn." I paid the bill and walked outside, which was now pouring. I laughed and just walked out in the rain. Thomas caught up but stayed underneath the dry area.

"Aren't you freezing?" He asked. I was but I didn't mind it.

I shrugged. "I don't care."

"It's almost winter you could get sick!"

"Eh I don't care. My apartment is only a block away."

"You should get out of the rain." He said. I rolled my eyes and continued walking. When we finally made it back to my apartment I said goodbye.

"Wait, I also wanted to say sorry for anything that we had in the past and me not texting or calling and I'm really sorry."

"It's fine. I understand you had a life and didn't have time to talk to a girl you said you loved then you forgot about her and now here we are. It was really nice catching up with you Thomas. I really hope we can be friends. Goodbye." I said and slammed the door shut. I sighed. Why did I say all that? Who knows? I hopped in a warm shower and got dressed in my SpongeBob pajamas. I love SpongeBob. I sat down on the couch just as Owl got out of her shower and dressed in her Paul Frank pajamas. We put on SpongeBob and watched it for a while.

"So where did you go today?" She asked.

"Oh Thomas wanted to go talk about stuff, ya know catch up and everything."

"Ketchup?" She asked. "Why would you want to talk about a tomato paste used for dipping French fries?"

I laughed. "No I mean catch up like see what we have been up to."

"Oh." She said.

"Yeah we had some pizza and then just talked."

"I thought you didn't want to talk to him because of his girlfriend and what you guys had going on and stuff."