Chapter 33: Terrifying problem

Sideswipe removed some sweat from my forehead. He's been on my side almost 48 hours. 'I feel like shit,' I muttered. 'I know... but you're gonna be fine,' he murmured. My body was burning. Like every organ was on fire. 'No, it's not. What if I am dying?' I whispered. 'Ratchet would tell if you're dying and he wouldn't let you die,' he stated. 'Don't cry. I know you're scared, but I wouldn't let anything happen to you, okay?' He whispered. I gave a small nod. Ratchet came in again and held a worried expression. 'You're not getting any better like I had hoped. How do you feel?' He questioned. 'Pain. Everything burns...' I whispered. 'Can't you give her something against the pain?'
'I already did. If I give her more, she'll die from an over dose. I wanna make an MRI. Test your vitals again...' he trailed off while looking through the chard. 'My body is rejecting the Energon, isn't it?' I whispered. 'I afraid so. It went well but... I don't know what suddenly changed. It's almost like something is missing.'

'What do you mean missing?'

'I tested her blood and the Energon. You know that Energon has DNA, just like blood. They tried to poison her with your Energon. Your Energon isn't complete, remember? Sunstreaker has the other half.' Sideswipe stood in his full height. 'She needs his Energon?' He asked. 'Maybe... it's just an theory,' he said. I looked at one another. 'But that doesn't make sense, right?'
'It does. We are split spark twins. I have half of a spark and Sunny has the other half. That's why if I die, he dies. We have a very strong mental and physical connection. We need each other to stay alive. We also share DNA... my Energon is searching for my brothers in your body. When we were born, we were dying as well because of this same problem. Ratchet saved our lives by exchanging Energon but it doesn't make any sense now because.... I have my brother's in me now... you made that happen so why hasn't she? Did they filter it somehow?'

'No... that's not possible.'
'Then how did this happen?'
'Split sparks are rare. Some doctors at the hospital I worked for wanted to experiment on you two but I refused. They might have taken Energon from the both of you. That's the only explanation I have right now.' Sideswipe gazed at me. 'We could try, find your brother and send him to me.' Sideswipe kissed my forehead and walked off.

((Sideswipe's P.O.V))
I searched for Sunny but he wasn't in the hanger or in our room. 'Sunny? Where are you?' I asked over our bond. He grunted in annoyance. 'One of us needs to drive patrols and since you are with the femme 24/7, I am driving your damn patrols!' He hissed.
'You need to come back to base now! I'll explain but could you please come back?' He sighed. 'I'll be back in 40 minutes. You wait! I am driving your patrol, remember?!' He snarled. 'Optimus orders... come back to base now!' I groaned in frustration. 'He can call me himself it's 'that' urgent!'

I groaned. 'Fine, he will.'
Prime was in a meeting and he hated it to be disturbed but I am gonna do it anyway. I dashed through the door. 'Optimus... I am sorry for interrupting. Can I have a quick word, please? Ratchet send me.' He sighed and got up. 'You need to call my twin back to base. Sky has my Energon and she needs his to survive, he doesn't want to come back unless you call him to come back. She's dying—' he raised his hand. 'I will call him, alright?' I sighed in relief.

10 minutes later, my twin rolled into the base. 'Sunny!' I ran up to him. He closed his door and removed his sunglasses. He casually smoothed his leather jacket down. 'It better be important, Sideswipe!' He snapped. 'They stole our Energon. When we were born, we were dying, right? Some doctors stole our Energon and now Skylar is poisoned with my Energon. We need your Energon. Ratchet is waiting for you. She will die in less than 24 hours. This the last thing we can try so let's hurry. My brother didn't move. 'Sunny, let's go!'

'In all those weeks you were back, you didn't look at me, didn't ask for anything or even wanted to see me and now you're asking my help to save the fleshbag? She's not even from our dimension!' He hissed. 'I apologized. You said we were good,' I said. 'Doesn't mean I am helping you with her. You didn't want my help so you will not get it,' he snapped. 'Sunstreaker! This isn't a game, okay? Please help me. I need your help.' I grasped his arm but he pulled back. 'Do you know what nickname the Decepticons gave me?' I stared at him. 'Do you?'

'A merciless killing machine. I don't have mercy for people and I don't have mercy for Skylar. The only thing I can offer is a quick death. Don't bother me with stupid questions about saving her life. You know... I think I am going for a scouting mission. Come back next week.'

'You can't do that!'
I blocked his way. 'You can't do that. I know deep down you do want to help. Don't be like this. We have a problem but don't make Skylar a victim. You have to do this!'
'No, I don't. I don't take orders from you for starter and second of all, you didn't deserve my help.' He pushed me aside. 'You can't do this!' I shouted. He put his sunglasses back on. 'Watch me, Sideswipe.'

'Sunstreaker.'
My brother fixed his gaze on Optimus. 'You need to help the girl,' he said. 'A human? I am not on earth to save humans from Energon. I won't help her, even if you would order me to do it and I will personally murder her, if anyone tries to take my Energon. I will pinch her eyes out, cut her hands off, cut her stomach open and slowly, decapitate her and I will display her head so everyone can see what happens if you mess with me. Am I clear?' Sunstreaker gazed at me. 'Please, don't do this. We have a problem, you don't have a problem with her. Meet her, why don't you meet her? I swear, she doesn't mean any harm and she's the sweetest thing ever. Without her, I wouldn't be standing here. I know you're grateful for what she did. She saved my life, please save hers now.'

My brother but his lip and I was hopeful. He's considering it. 'Hmm, I don't feel like I wanna meet her. I just take your word for it,' he said. His holoform disappeared and he drove off. 'SUNSTREAKER! COME BACK!' I shouted but he had already vanished.