Discovering new rivals

Derek will be here in 10-15 minutes. I was too hot to wear a hoodie but I wore a jeans and a camisole. I took a maroon shrug too.

Derek came by with a black hoodie in his hand

"It's okay, we don't need that anymore." I say smiling and ready to get in the car to go.

"Just take off your shrug and you're almost in your undergarments so just wear the hoodie over it."

"These are not my undergarments. You have no sense of style."

"I think I look hot in whatever I wear. And you agree with me. Now, you're wearing this or I'm not taking you anywhere." Derek says leaving no place for argument.

To be honest, Derek's hoodie is way more comfortable than what I was wearing. Good decision Talia.

"You should dress like this more. You look cute." Derek says in a soft voice. I almost didn't hear him.

"Yeah, sure. Anyway, are we ready to go?"

"Are you sure that you wanna go?" Derek says with concern written all over his face.

"Positive." I say confidently and sit in the car which Derek unlocked.

🎀

We reached there. There was a huge PANDEMONIUM sign in neon lights above. It looked more like a pub than a fight club.

Derek took my hand in his and started walking inside

Derek took my hand in his and started walking inside. We went inside and many people in our way greeted Derek and looked at me weirdly.

Tyson and Alec were there. We walked up to them. Derek told me about how things worked in here.

This strong guy comes and asks Derek whether he wants to fight today? Derek says no but then he starts to request him. Then he asks Derek to atleast come to the main counter and check out the fighters for today and then make the decision.

Derek agrees to go after asking Tyson and Alec to take care of me almost a thousand times. It feels like I am the girl he has to babysit.

It can't be. I see Alex. One of my old friends Alex. I look back and see Alec and Tyson arguing about something stupid. I straight away walk to Alex. He smiles at me but then his forehead wrinkles.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Alex asks me.

"Right back at you."

"Tal, I come here to fight sometimes and I'm four years older than you. You're just in high school so you don't get to be here."

"Who are you talking to here, brother?" Someone from behind me says to Alex. The voice that I didn't want to hear.

"You've got to be kidding me. Elliot is your brother!?!"

"If it isn't the one and only, Talia Hale." Elliot finally comes into view.

"Wait a minute, you know him?"Alex asks as if not believing what is happening.

"He is the very reason that I got kicked out of my old school." I say with bitterness in my voice.

"No way. He is 'the jerk'." Alex says.

"The one and only." I repeat Elliot's words from earlier.

"So you're here with my bestfriends?" Elliot asks looking around.

"They are not your bestfriends and yeah I'm here with them. Why do you ask?" I say rolling my eyes.

"No reason. I think I'll go by and say hi."

"Alex, ask your little brother to not start unnecessary fights."

"Oh my god Talia, you just can't listen to me, can you?" Derek says breathlessly. I turn around to look at him and he is covered in new bruises.

"Shit, are you okay Derek?" I run to him and cup his face in my hands to analyse his new injuries.

"Now that you are."

"So you came here with these guys?" Alex says with a little disgust.

"Yeah. Why?" I reply to Alex.

"How many people do you know Talia?" Tyson says.

"Come Tal, I'll drop you home. I don't know if you're safe around these guys." Alex takes my hand and starts towards the main exit.

Derek quickly takes my other hand and says to Alex, "She is going nowhere with you."

"You've known her for what? A week. And suddenly you care about her well-being. I don't trust you with her."Alex says.

"You've known her but you never told her about this place. The truth about yourself. She shouldn't trust you one bit." Derek says.

Alex leaves my hand and looks down. Derek knows he's almost won.

"Why the fuck is everything a competition for you? Huh?" Alex looks up at Derek.

"Is it really a competition if I always win?" Derek says with a smirk.

Alex gives up. Derek finally takes my hand and I leave there with him, Alec and Tyson. But why are Alex and Derek against each other. And Elliot. Oh god, all of this is too much to process.