Feelings

It's 2:43 am and the stupid baby wouldn't stop crying. I can't tamper with any controls and it just wouldn't shut up. I tried to give him a bottle but he doesn't want it.

I really want to go to sleep. I'm gonna put this baby in the basement and take it to school with me tomorrow.

🎀

"I want us all to have fun like any other day." I told everyone yesterday. So we'll probably go out and enjoy today.

I know I dislike birthdays but I love to get ready on every possible occasion. I got my nails and hair done yesterday after Simon bought my car back.

When I get to school, Derek is the first one to wish me

"Happy birthday. You look beautiful."

"Thank you Derek."

"Let's go meet Ty before class, he's really excited to meet you."

"Oh I bet."

Tyson and Alec were waiting at my locker for me, Tyson hugged me, picked me up from the ground. He is really excited.

"Happiest birthday Tal. You're finally seventeen. You're as old as me." Tyson says happily.

"Happy birthday Talia." Alec wishes me too.

"Thank you so much guys."

🎀

I wonder whom Hanna is doing this project with. I have the English next period and it's free so we can continue the project we were given, I'll continue with Zack.

I went to my locker, Derek was standing there.

"We have the next period with Ms. Martin. Where's our baby? In your car? I can go get it." Shit.

"What baby?" I try to act dumb.

"Tal? Did you do something to it?"

"No. It's safe."

"Where?" He asks

"In my basement. I have a class to get to." I answer and try to walk away. Try to.

"Did you torture it? What's it doing in your basement?" He blocks my way.

"Do you think I can torture it? It wouldn't shut up." I ask him.

"Oh my god. Unbelievable! Come on we'll go get it."

"Okay. Sorry."

"It's fine. You don't have to apologise, I know how loud and annoying it can be." He says. How is he so calm and understanding?

🎀

We got home and go straight to the basement and start looking for the baby.