Chapter 7~ Problem

>Shane POV<

Joey and I walked out of the interview room, and down to the front office. Mrs. Adams was sitting at a desk with two chairs, opposite of her chair.

Joey: Hello Mrs. Adams.

Mrs. Adams: Hello Mr. Graceffa, hello Mr. Dawson, have you gentlemen decided if you would like to adopt any of the girls today.

Shane: Yes we would like to adopt both Chloë and Alexis.

Mrs. Adams: Okay, I'm assuming that you have the required paper work, and approval papers to adopt.

Joey handed the papers to Mrs. Adams. She looked through the papers, when a look of concern came across her face.

Shane: Is something wrong?

Mrs. Adams: Well, yes Mr. Dawson, something is wrong, it says here that you gentlemen can only adopt one child, due to the fact that you are an unmarried homosexual couple.

Joey: So wait we are only allowed to adopt one child because we are gay... well that doesn't seem very fair.

Mrs. Adams: I'm sorry but if you want to adopt, then you are going to have to choose.

Shane: We are gonna adopt Chloë.

Mrs. Adams: Okay, just to let you know, you could always put in for the papers again, you might just get approved to adopt another kid.

Joey: Thank you for all your help Mrs. Adams.

Mrs. Adams: No problem... Okay just fill out these papers, and I will go get Chloë.

Mrs. Adams then walked out the door. Joey and I sat there filling out the paper work when I noticed Joey was crying.

Shane: Babe what's wrong?

Joey: I just feel bad that we can't adopt both of them.

Shane: Yeah, but you heard what Mrs. Adams said, we could always try again to be approved.

Joey nods. We finished filling out the paper work right as Mrs. Adams came into the room.

Mrs. Adams: Okay, you guys can go up and get Chloë, her room is upstairs, third door on the left.

We thanked Mrs. Adams for all her help, and walked up the stairs to Chloë's room.

We finally reached the room that we thought was hers, no one was in it, however there were some packed bags placed on a bed.