•5•

Alecia A-lee-see-a (autumns mom) 

Tuesday August 9th

"Hello" I spoke into my phone

"Wassam Love ya busy" Anthony spoke into the phone.

"No I'm packing my things" I told him

"So ya done out dea?" He asked me

"Yes i just seen my last patient a few hours ago."

Being a traveling nurse had many perks like seeing different places, meeting new people, and my favorite of all helping people. But it also had its cons I could only bring my babygirl with me during the summer. But now she finally old enough to be home alone so I don't worry as much but I still missed her dearly.

"How bout I fly ya out wit me for a few days befo we go back home ta da kids" he asked causing me to think. I haven't seen autumn in a week. I missed her first week of senior year. My baby is growing so fast it's unbelievable.

"Hmm I don't know Ant" I replied

"Come on baybeh let meh getchu to myself fa two days ya want regret it" he tone was very convincing But two more day couldn't hurt right. I'll call her later on to check up on her.

"Okay babe I'll come" I finally agreed smiling at the thought.

"Alright love imma send ya your flight imma see ya tonight ma be safe"

"Okay I love you be safe too"

"I luh you too baybeh" he said before ending the call. I grew excited once he sent me the details to my flight. I made sure I had everything packed before I sat down on the hotel bed.

"Where is that darn girl" I said to myself as I called Autumn for our nightly chat.

"Helloooo" I heard her voice in the speaker

"Hey babygirl how was your day?"

"Hey mom it was cool just a regular ole Tuesday I went to school then work then home. How was your day?"

"It was fine I got a lot of work done today" I told her

"That's great so what time are you gonna home tomorrow" Autumn asked

"Uh instead of me coming home Wednesday I'll be home Friday. I was scheduled a few more patients this week sweetie"

"Oh well okay that's fine" she said with less happiness in her voice.

" I'm sorry Autumn i know I missed a lot on this trip but I guarantee I'll me home Friday before you wake up for school. With a big breakfast" I said causing her to gasp

"Really! Oh my gosh!" She asked causing me to chuckle

"Yes fatfat I promise"

"Mom you've be calling me that ever since I could remember" I smiled I just knew she was rolling her eyes.

"Well Autumn you did eat me out a house and a home. Been greedy ever since I fed you solids" I laughed reminiscing to time she was a baby.

"Hehe harhar." She mocked me yarning right after.

"Baby get some rest I'll call you again tomorrow okay"

"Okay mama I love you"

"I love you too" I replied before ending the calling. After looking at the time I realized that it would be a good time for me to head to the airport to get on my flight.

After getting my bag out the Uber I made my way to the boarding area I texted Anthony letting him know I was getting on the flight and would be their shortly.