Chapter two

Louis
"Louis?! Is everything alright up there?!" I heard my mom yell from down the stairs. "Yeah mom. I'm okay", I yelled, but I didn't sound too convincing. Obviously my mom noticed, as I heard the stairs creaking. "Louis?" She said as she knocked on the door. "Can I come in?" "Sure", I answered, and she opened the door. "What happened with Harry? He stormed out, looking pretty upset" she looked very worried. "I uhm... mom, I don't really want to talk about it" I looked away.

She sat down next to me on the bed and put her hand on my shoulder. "Are you sure, loubear?" She asked again. I looked down at my hands. "Harry, he said he likes me", I whispered softly. "Of course Harry likes you! He's been your best friend for forever!" Mom replied. "No mom, he likes me as... umm, he... he said he loves me" I bit on my lip.

Mom looked at me in confusion, but then she let out a giggle. "Well, that was obvious. That boy has had a crush on you for forever! And I know you like him too!" She poked my cheek cheerfully. "Actually, I may have rejected him?" I felt tears well up in my eyes and I shut them, trying to make them go away. "Awe honey, don't cry" she said as she gave me a big hug. "It's gonna be okay, I promise." "No mom, I'm pretty sure I just lost a friend", I sniffed. "He'll come around. It's all gonna be fine, I promise" she patted my back. "How do you know that?" I pulled away from the hug and shook my head. "You can't know that. He's mad at me and will never talk to me again!"
Mom shook her head. "Of course it isn't over just like that, trust me!"

But Monday, when I arrived at school, she couldn't have been more wrong. There was Harry, standing with his friends and some girls who were trying to make themselves more interesting than they actually were. Harry glanced over to me as I waved to get his attention. He just shook his head at me and continued chatting. I felt my heart drop and went to my locker.

"Hey nerd, where's your overprotective friend now!" I heard behind me. I turned around and raised an eyebrow. "Leave me alone, Chris", I huffed and wanted to get my books out of my locker, but Chris shut it quickly. "In a rush, Tommo?" He grinned and his friend punched me in the stomach. "Please, stop!" I said as I gasped for air. I looked over to Harry, who had definitely noticed but pretended he didn't. "Looks like your boyfriend is too busy to help you" Chris laughed.

"That's enough!" A blonde boy appeared. "Leave the kid alone", he said firmly. Chris scoffed and pushed me into my locker one last time before he left and said: "Don't you dare think I'm done with you."
"Hey, are you alright?" The blonde asked. "Yeah, I um, I'm fine, thanks. You didn't need to do that", I replied. "I'm Niall by the way, I'm new here" he said. "I'm Louis", I replied. "So, what classes do you have?" I asked him. "Oh, here's my schedule" he said as he took it out of his bag and showed it to me. "Looks like our next class is together!" I smiled and the bell rang.

We walked into the classroom. I usually sat to Harry, but I saw he decided to sit next to Liam today. Hmph, Liam. He knew I didn't like that guy. I decided to sit with Niall, why not? We chatted and I found out he was Irish, and a huge fan of food. The teacher came in and told us all to calm down. During class, I kept glancing over to Harry. Niall noticed. "Is he your crush or something?" He whispered. "No, he is- was my best friend. He told me yesterday he had feelings for me and I rejected him", I told him.

"Oh..." was all he said. "So, he ditched you? You can't seem to stop staring at him." I looked Niall in the eyes. "Leave it alone, I don't want to talk about this anymore..." I sighed and rested my head on my arms. "Sorry", he whispered and he continued making notes. I still couldn't get my eyes off of Harry. I silently wished he had never told me about his feelings, then we'd be sitting here, having fun while making notes. We'd always make it a game, to get through this boring class. But now he's sitting there, smiling at Liam. I rolled my eyes and got back to my notes, but still couldn't focus. "Louis? Do you know the answer?" Mrs Pattinson asked. I sat up straight in shock and quickly took a look at the board. "Uhm, the answer is 573.5", I said quickly. "Very good, next time, please show me you're paying attention tho, Tomlinson", she said firmly. "Yes mrs", I replied.

Finally the bell rang and class was over.
I grabbed my books and stuffed them in my bag as soon as I could, because I could see Harry leaving. "Harry! Wait!" I yelled as I ran after him. Harry looked me up and down and crossed his arms. "What do you want? Liam and I are going to hangout at the cafe right now" he scoffed and my heart sank. I saw a shimmer in Liams eyes while a smirk was forming on his face. "Can I come?" I tried. Liam grinned and Harry simply responded: "no." I blinked a few times and swallowed my tears. "Okay", I said softly and walked away.

The rest of the day went by slowly. How did Harry and I go from being the closest friends to strangers? And why is he hanging out with Liam? We both strongly disliked that guy. Ugh. What did he want me to say? I love you too? I don't know if I love him. But, I do miss him. A lot. It's going to be a long ride without Harry. "Hey, Tommo, where are you with your thoughts?" An Irish voice said, interrupting my train of thoughts. "Sorry, I got distracted. Do you want to hangout today?" I asked him. "Sure, you can show me around the city!" He sounded excited, which made me smile. "Alright, let's go" I smiled again. In the corner of my eye I saw Harry, who looked... jealous? Whatever, he shouldn't have left me. And so, Niall and I went to the city.

Disclaimer: I definitely do not dislike Liam. I love Liam. TPWK

So this was the end of this chapter! What do you think? I really hope you're enjoying this.

Love, itsniallerr

Written June 8 2020

PS: I'll try to update as often as we can. It will probably be around once a week/2 weeks though. I'm trying my best, bear with me ;-;