Part 3

***Marcelines POV***

I'm snapped back to reality when me and vampire boy drive up to an old coffee shop and the music turned off. We walk inside and a strong smell of coffee and cigarettes. I love it and I don't know why. Marshal and I go to a corner table put our bags down and plop ourselves on the worn-out red leather.
"So mystery girl, tell me, what do you think of this place?" He says this so nonchalantly like this is an everyday thing for him. Annoy girls (or guys...idk) to the point that they go to a creepy coffee shop together. Sounds fun.

"Its nice I guess. Smells so hipster in here though."

"Haha yeah. Me and my friend Gumbal used to come here all the time." That sounds like Bubblegum. Maybe he was like her?

"Who's Gumbal?" I look into his eyes and they turn sad. Oh shit I might have hit a very "personal" topic. But his eyes light up and he laughs shyly.

"Gumbal was my best friend before I came here. To the school I mean.". He says this while looking down and me, not wanting to get all sappy, start up a new conversation.

"So what do you do in your free time?" He looks confused like the question was random but he answers anyways.

"Sing and play my bass. Also go on adventures and all that jazz.". He instantly looked brighter.
That's good right?

"I sing too! And play bass! I-I mean not really but kinda but-"

"I bet you're great Marceline," His red eyes searched my face pecks a kiss on my cheek and stands by the end of the table. "Marceline It has truly been an honor. I hope to see you at the academy." He smiles and walks out of the coffee shop as I sit there dumbfounded.