OPR

That Monday before we head into work, Nancy and I decide it is best to keep what happened a secret and not read too much into it. I can't say I'm happy with that decision, but I don't want to make Nancy feel pressured or uncomfortable. Even if it was one night of crazy passion, I will treasure it forever. When we get into work, we do our best to make it seem like we just carpooled in today. But when we get in, I find a note from someone on my desk, I call and am informed by a Dr. Braxton that Kemper tried to kill himself last night. While I'm on the phone Shepard pulls the team into the hall. Nancy waits in the office with me until I get off the phone, once I hang out we head into the hall to meet Bill, Wendy, and Shepard. Shepard had been waiting for us and once we get there he takes a deep breath, "it seems the Office of Professional Responsibility has found continuing evidence for their investigation into our unit."

"Continuing evidence?" Bill shakes his head.

"They've got the tape."

"How the hell'd they get that?"

"I have no idea. But three of you have been called to meet with them as soon as possible. Nancy, since you were on vacation when this event occurred, you don't have to attend. And since someone has taken the high road for us, I recommend we all go forward with total transparency," Shepard leaves us in the hall, just staring at each other.

"Is this you?" Bill looks over to Wendy.

Wendy rolls her eyes, "fuck you, Bill."

Wendy and I head back into the office, leaving Bill and Nancy in the hall. I'm sure she'd rather hear what happened from me, but I think it'll be better to hear it from Bill. I don't talk to OPR for a few days. The whole team being on edge. When I get there, I feel like I'm on the other side of our interviews, like I'm the convict, "please state your name," of the two OPR agents starts.

"Special Agent Hold Ford," I sigh.

"In what capacity do you serve the Federal Bureau of Investigation?"

"I work in the Behavioral Science Unit."

"You, Special Agent William Tench and Special Agent Nancy Freeman recently an inmate named Richard Speck?"

"No, Agent Freeman was not there, she was on leave during that time."

"So it was just you and Special Agent Tench."

"That's right."

"Did you record the interview?"

"Yes."

"Which of you recorded the interview?"

"I did."

"You and Agent Tench interviewed several inmates over the past few months."

"Along with Agent Freeman, yes."

"Did you record those, too?"

"Yes."

"Who did the recording?"

"I did."

"For what purpose?"

"Archival purposes, documentation."

"Is this trying, Agent Ford?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Do you find this process trying?"

"I find it unnecessary," I sigh.

"What did you do with the recording when you returned to Quantico?"

"I gave it to Agent Smith to transcribe it."

"Did he transcribe it?"

"Yes."