•Token of Memoirs No. 2•

???,??, 2016

The figure of a grown brown curled haired man is sitting on the couch and there he sat with a coffee table just in front of him and on top of it are puzzle pieces scattered. It was about 5:00 in the early evening.

He was expecting company in about a few hours from his best friend and probably his only one made since he graduated and has his own life as accountant, since he lost contact on his old ones back.

It wasn't there fault, he didn't even say goodbye. Well except for one, but he doesn't know where she is and if he does he wouldn't bother sending letters to her. She probably has better things to do.

It was a usual quiet setting for Stanley Uris but then when a phone rang beside the puzzle set, the casual night turned into something least expected.

He picked up the unknown number and wonder who is it. Picking it up he taught it must have been a wrong number.

"Hello? Stanley Uris speaking. Who is it?" He said with formality.

"It's Mike." A voice echoed Stan's ears as his throat was dried up by the sound of the name. He didn't want to assume that this is the person that he thought about. 

"I'm sorry?" He asked.

"Mike Hanlon. From Derry." The voice responded as he stared at the distance and there was silence on the line. He gripped his phone tightly as soon as he heard the name and the place as memories came flooding in his mind. It might sound insane but for starters he started hearing voices and seeing pictures. Even though it is just a blank white wall he was staring at.

He didn't notice that he went quiet until Mike from the other side of the phone spoke.

"Hello?" 

"Umm.. hi Mike...uhm.. how long has it been?" 

"27 years." He tried to sound casual about it but then the conversation just keep changing to the inevitable. So he didn't even bother and just went straight into it.

"Is it?"

"Yes."

"We made an oath." Mike added as he nodded to himself, as if he was speaking in frotn of him.

"What about the others?" He asked.

"I already called some." He said.

Then something came back to him as he look behind his back to find his usual study room where sat in the middle is his wooden desk as he didn't take a long look to find what he was looking for as the leather covered journal sat on top of some papers and books as he turned his whole body on the room.

"What about Y/N?" He asked.

"Who?" He said as Stan frowned at the sentence, confused on why his childhood friend couldn't remember the girl

"Y/N... Y/N L/N?" He asked once more.

"I-I don't know who she is. We never had a friend named Y/N." Stan was more than ever confused. How can they forget? How can he forget about her? He didn't question any more longer.

"Look Stan I know it's a bit scary and confusing but please think about it." He said as he snapped back from his thoughts.

"I...I will." He said as the line on the other side hung up as he pulled down his phone and stared at it for a minute, after he texted someone as he went straight on his study to think.

Slumping down on the cushioned chair as he adjusted it a bit closer on the desk as he pulled out his glasses and set it down beside where the journal was sitting on top as he put both his hands on either side of his face. Massaging his head as sudden hallucinations of that summer came back so fast.