Oh, maybe you took over my mind (Chensung)

Feelings are like moths to a flame, fleeting and systematically placed in society in order to desecrate a person's wellbeing. Indescribable, feelings sneak a spellbinding cast upon one.

Chenle often wondered what his relationship would look like with Jisung, his absolute best friend. Complete with his gregarious charisma and ambitious attitude that spoke volumes even before he could speak. Hell, his quirked mood complimented his angular face.

Chenle's cheeks flushed at the immense fondness, lowering himself in the chair in accordance to the boisterous situation at hand. Jisung in all his glory, jovial painted on his face as he shrieked in the ear of an already tipsy Haechan.

"When are you going to stop being such a chicken shit and admit your feelings instead of pining over an equally pining love struck fool Ji?" Chenle shot up from his seat, attempting to cover up his tinted cheeks.

"W-what are you talking about, Nana-Hyung?!" Chenle sputtered out, turning his cheek away from Jaemin's micheavious glance. "There is no way he could ever feel that way for me," Chenle flailed his arms in the air, choking out his response.

"Silly, silly, rabbit! You're just as dense as that knucklehead Sungie!" Jaemin exclaimed, tsking at Chenle with a gesture of his finger. "Looks like Injunnie and Jeno don't have their work cut out for them. Oh!"

Chenle raised his eyebrow, but didn't push the issue further. Scanning the room, he noticed the vibe of the mini get together shifted, gradually turning to a boisterous atmosphere. Jeno pressed another beer to his lips, Haechan loudly proclaiming he would be having a "Mark-free summer" and progress with a cute boy he met recently. Chenle smirked underneath the hand concealing his mouth, the eye roll Jaemin have was sure to cause damage.
("You can't last a minute without texting that stupid boy memes or asking for approval for outfits you hand pick to send to him under the false premise of wearing it for a so-called event")

Chenle dipped his head back, content filling his body. The music permeated the air and the music's vibration prevented him from moving from his exact spot, a perfect Saturday evening.

Crescent eyes opened, ready to focus on the diaphanous lighting and his lingering thoughts- but Jisung wasnt going to allow for a calm evening to be just that. Chenle stared back at the pool of molasses, letting out a comical "oof" as he fell back and held back the embarrassed reaction.

Jisung on the other hand didnt mind, chuckling lightly and heat pinching his cheeks.

"I'm going to the convenient store, do you want to keep me company?"

Chenle's heart began racing. This isn't the first or the last time Jisung has asked Chenle, but he could no longer deny the affect his best friend has on him. The fluttering sensation infiltrating his thoughts and emotions. "Yeah, sounds like a plan. Let's ditch these dumbasses and get snacks!"

The walk wasn't long, lasting only 7 minutes. Chenle was beside Jisung the entire walk, laughing and smiling as his best friend spoke. Chenle hoped he was dense as usual and did not notice the adoring glances being given and the smile reserved only for Jisung.

While inside, the boys ran up and down the aisles, snatching up snacks and hilariously making faces at one another. Before long, Jisung and Chenle paid for their items and shuffled their feet back for the walk that awaits them. Pausing in his track, Jisung rummages through the bag and handed his best friend an ice cream.

Chenle shyly smiles at the gesture, unwrapping the ice cream cone. "Oh Sungie, you didn't have to buy me one!"

Jisung chuckled lightly, rubbing the back of his head. "I wanted to see you smile and by doing so, I got you an ice cream when you weren't looking."