Chapter 6: Disaster Training Turned Disaster (Pt. 1)

"For today's Basic Hero Training," Dad's bored voice sounded from the front of the front of the room and I rested my head on my palm. I had trouble sleeping, thinking about the intruder from yesterday. "It's turned into a class with three instructors. All Might, me and one other person,"

"Excuse me! What'll we be doing?" Sero called out, raising his hand. Dad raised his hand, showing a card with 'RESCUE' typed on it.

"Disasters, shipwrecks and everything in between," He said. "It's rescue training," The class broke out in murmurs and a sense of dread churned in my stomach.

"Hey, I'm not done yet," The attention of my classmates was pulled back to the front of the room. "You can decide if you want to wear your costume or not. Because there are probably costumes that limit your ability, too," The costume storage bins slid out of the walls as dad talked. "The training will take place off-campus, so we're taking a bus. That's all. Start getting ready," Dad left and we all stood up. I grabbed my costume, leaving for the locker room.

I changed into my costume, pausing when I got to the helmet. I flipped it around in my hands, inspecting it. It had a gas mask, so that's a pl-- I felt someone's eyes burning into the side of my face. I turned, meeting eyes with Todoroki.

"Hey, Todoroki, what's up?" I asked, starting a conversation. He stared at me blankly for a second before his cheeks flushed a light pink and he turned, leaving the locker room. "O...kay,"

~~~

Iida blew a whistle, catching the attention of the class.

"Class 1-A, gather round!" He yelled. "Form two lines by your student numbers in order to make boarding the bus go smoothly!" He blew the whistle some more, pumping his fist in the air.

We all got on the bus and started talking as the bus barreled down the road towards its destination. They started talking about their quirks and I tuned in, not saying anything but listening as they talked.

Bakugo got riled up and I glanced up at him, catching eyes with my dad, who quirked a subtle eyebrow at me.

"We're here. Stop messing around," He got 'Yes, sir' in response and before long we had all exited the bus and were face to face with The Space Hero: Thirteen.

"Everyone, I have been waiting for you," Thirteen's surprisingly high voice chimed and the class made a collective sound of awe. I grimaced and put up my guard at the feeling of dread that stirred in my stomach once again.

"Let's go inside without delay," He gestured to the doors.

"Look forward to working with you!" The class responded in relative unison as I put a hand on the base of my neck. I rubbed it, the feeling of dread creeping through my body. Dad nudged me and I gave him a look through the eye slot in my helmet. He nodded, showing he understood my worried message and following the class into the building and to a large, arena like area. I hung back, focusing on our surroundings as the dread persisted.

Thirteen started explaining some things, but I couldn't exactly hear any of it. I was too focused on our surroundings. The class cheered as Thirteen finished his, probably very inspirational, speech.

Dad started talking but was cut off by the electricity of the lights around the dome surging and a portal opening near the fountain. A black, mist-like figure came out of the portal, followed by a... light blue haired man, with red eyes and a hand over his face.

"Gather together and don't move!" Dad yelled before turning to the other present pro-hero. "Thirteen, protect the students!"

"What's that?" Kirishima drew our attention back to the portal, where many other different creatures were emerging. "Is this like the entrance exam where the lesson's already started?"

"Don't move," Dad put his goggles and I stepped into the space next to him. Flipping down the face shield of my helmet, I said,

"Those are villains,"

~~~

"That's him," I nodded my head towards the blue haired man. "The intruder from the other day,"

"The trespassing the other day was the work of these scumbags afterall, huh?" Dad's capture scarf fanned as Kirishima spoke again. Yaoyorozu asked about the sensors and Todoroki asked if they had only appeared here, commented on the sensors and told of their most likely having a plan and goal.

"Thirteen, start the evacuation," He stepped forward, between the class and the stairs leading to the villains. "Try calling the school. These villains even had something to counteract the sensors. It's possible someone with radio-wave-type powers is interfering. Kaminari. You try contacting the school with your quirk, too,"

"Yes, sir,"

"What about you, sir? Will you fight by yourself? With that many, even if you erase their quirks... Eraser Head's fighting style is to capture after erasing the enemy's quirk. A frontal battle is..."

"You can't be a hero with just one trick," I grit my teeth. "I'm leaving it to you, Thirteen,"

"No," His eyes turned to me. "We both know you can't beat them. You're outnumbered,"

"I'll be fine, (N/n). Don't worry," He grinned at me, trying to be reassuring.

"How can you tell me not to worry when you're about to run into a battle we both know you can't win? You could probably handle the henchmen, but that mist and the weird creature next to him?" His smile fell and he nodded.

"Sorry, (N/n)," He jumped down the stairs, running and using his quirk. His capture scarf wrapped around the three front liners and they were slammed together before being dropped on the ground. He dodged punches from a heteromorphic-type before returning the gesture, hitting him square in the face, sending him flying back. His capture scarf wrapped around the leg of the man, pulling him back as he dodged a punch from behind, kicking his attacker in the face.

I watched as dad fought villain after villain. He hit them, using all the combat training he had ever done in his life to his advantage and using his quirk and scarf to make it easier for himself. I stayed while the class retreated, worried about my dad and making sure he didn't take on more than he could handle, in other words the seemingly skull-less creature.

"This is no time for analysis," Iida called back. "Hurry up and get to shelter," Deku ran after him but I stayed put.

"I won't let you," A strange voice sounded from behind me. I turned and was met with the mist man who had manifested between my class and the doors.

"We are the league of villains. Nice to meet you," He introduced the group. "It may be presumptuous of us, but we've invited ourselves in to the home of the heroes, U.A. High School, in order to have All Might, the symbol of peace, take his last breath. I believe he should have been here. Has there been some kind of change? Well, that is neither here nor there. This is the part I am to play,"

Bakugo and Kirishima lunged, attacking and causing a large explosion.

"Did you consider you might get beaten by us before you did?"

"Oh dear, that's dangerous. That's right. Even if you're students, you're still golden eggs," He was still there which wasn't surprising as he was made of mist.

"No! Move away, you two!"

"My job is to scatter you all and torture you to death!"

I watched with wide eyes as my classmates and Thirteen were enveloped in black mist.