Enthusiasm.

T rolled my eyes, these are one of the reasons I don't pick her call, I thought.

I really don't know what I have done wrong, please forgive me, don't ignore me, she said.

You didn't offend me mother, I said.

Why then are you avoiding me, she said again.

I just want to be free from that toxic husband of yours, I'm doing well okay, I'm very okay and I don't need anybody's comfort or pity, I said.

Jemima do you think so? My child, I know growing up wasn't easy for you but you can't just push everybody away, she said.

Mother, my friends are around to see me and I wouldn't want to have this conversation in their presence,I lied.

You have friends? She asked

yes I do bye mother, let's talk better next time.

I felt a sense of relief as I dropped the phone.I don't know why she is stalking me, she won't let me enjoy my own space.

I don't hate her but I hate the fact that she went back to live with the man after everything he did to us. She is so dependent, she can't live on her own.

I can't judge her though, the society we live in believes that any woman who is not under the roof of a man is promiscuous and won't be respected.

Nevertheless, the best I can do is avoid her if I don't want to have any form of relationship with the man and his evil daughter Susanna.

KHALEED'S POV
I was driving out to hang out with my friends when I saw this beautiful Lady, dark, tall and a little bit curvy. This is exactly my type of woman. I slowed down to talk to her.

Hello pretty, how are you doing, I said.

She smiled at me, what a gorgeous smile, I thought.

Where are you going to, if you don't mind I can be of help,I said.

Don't bother sir, my car is parked down there, she said.

wow I thought she looks like she is in her mid- twenties, I'm impressed.

No problem then, I'm khaleed I don't mind if you tell me your name.

I'm Suzy, nice meeting you she said stretching her hand for a handshake.

I retaliated and placed my business card gently in her palm. Call me I said, I won't mind having a nice conversation with a pretty lady like you.

I'll call you she said and walked away.

Damn!! She's a beaut. I drove away to meet my friends in our chilling spot.

JEMIMA'S POV
I was watching my favorite show on the tv when I heard my phone ring.

Hello who is it? I said.

Hello jem, how are you today?A voice said.

That voice sounds familiar I thought, I'm very well, who is this please? I said.

Your mystery buddy, the voice said.

My mind skipped, why did my mind skip, I wondered. What do you want? I asked.

I believe we have an unfinished conversation, the voice said.

Erm, erm, I don't know what you are talking about, I stammered.