EPILOGUE- STEVE'S POV

-two months later-

It's been two months since the accident. By nightmare plague my every sleeping moment.

A lot has happened since.

Luca Novich was sentenced to a life in prison, and we all attended Richard's funeral.

Nadya and Matthew have been put into a child care program. Where they will stay for two years until the twins are old enough to rent a house and take care of Constantine. Nadya has another permanent scar.

Izzy Black, now Izzy Black-White has been officially adopted by Carol, and she now lives with Christopher, Benjamin and their younger sister Annie.

For the first few weeks, my parents showered me in attention. But as soon as the cameras and news crews had moved on they went back to being their usual, cold selves. I didn't care anymore. Anastasia and my new friends believe I'm worth something, and that was all that mattered.

Anthony had it rough. His parents were nice enough, but they seemed glad that he wasn't hanging out with such a 'bad influence' anymore.

Dominic who had just turned 18, agreed (rather reluctantly) to look after Constantine while Nadya and Matthew were in child care.

We covered for Michael, not that we wanted to help him, but if he's guilty then it doesn't match with our story about Luca.

I feel bad for lying in the first place. But there's no doubt that Luca would have hunted us down if he'd gone free. We heard that when he was in the military he'd 'accidentally' killed to members of his own group, and that's why he wasn't there anymore.

A strange family called the Dearhearts we at Luca's trial... Come to think of it they were also at Richard's funeral...

I don't know. They're probably unimportant.

My new friends and I now call each other once a week. We have on average a two minute conversation which each person. We also write letters to each other and send postcards.

So much has changed in our lives... For better or for worse, I don't know... All I know is this:

We're alive.