three

Hana walked into Edgeshot's building with a blank expression. The same receptionist from the day prior looked up at her.

"Oh miss Kātā back again. Does he know your here?"

There wasn't surprise in her tone at all. Just complete and utter content. Her father had told her that people who worked in jobs with service always talked in a different voice. Hana wondered what the woman sounded like when she was happy, sad, angry, disappointed, all of it. Instead Hana simply smiled and said;

"Yes he does. He said to meet-!"

The elevator door open and out he walked. A man stood next to him talking about something she couldn't hear.

Edgeshot looked up to see her standing there. He seemed startled.

"Oh have you been waiting long?"

He was ignoring the man standing next to him.

"Oh no I just got here."

He nodded. "Good I don't like to keep people waiting."

Izuku, Iida and Uraraka and her had talked about what to expect working with Edgeshot.

"He's one of the most calm and collected heroes out there!" Izuku had gushed to her.

"As all heroes should be. I wonder though if your personalities will mesh together well." Iida pondered.

"Hana gets along with you so I'm sure anything's possible." Uraraka patted Hana on the back.

They all had laughed but Hana stayed up all night thinking about the conversation.

"Your aware you're going to most likely get behind on your school work when your working with me?"

"Oh um yes." Hana nodded.

They walked out of the building.

"I'm sure you know this but Midnight and I are going to be training you completely different."

Hana blinked.

"I'll be honest with you I don't think the way Midnight patrolled with you helped you in anyway."

Her frown deepened. "What does that mean?"

Edgeshot glanced at her. "Watching her take down thugs isn't going to help you. You seem more like a doer not a watcher."

"Well that's not true I... did stuff."

God that sounded pathetic.

"I'll be blunt with you again because I don't want to lie to you. I think Midnight's fondness of you made it even worse for you."

She waited for him to elaborate but he continued to walk.

She glared at his back.

"Help my purse!" A woman yelled.

She seemed relieved at the sight of Edgeshot.

Something similar had happened on Hana's first day with training with Midnight.

"Why are you just standing there?" Edgeshot asked her.

"Oh are you... oh... oh! Okay right!"

She sprinted off.

The man who stole the woman's bag seemed to have some type of flying quirk. It didn't carry him that high but enough to avoid the people walking along. Hana saw the man take a big huff of air, and he floated above people.

Hana sent a vine to wrap around his foot and pull him down.

The vine missed his foot by an inch.

The man fell back to the ground. Hana heard him hold his breath.