SEPH

This is the worst hangover, I thought out loud as I wake up. As soon as I tried to open my eyes, I felt my brain is being hammered. God, what a headache! I looked around and seeing I'm still here in our sofa - I decided to get up and go to my room. I can't be caught sleeping there drunk, I will never hear the end of it from my mom.

Surprisingly I feel so much better after a quick shower and change of clothes. Now, I just need to rehydrate myself and take some painkillers.

Sitting down in this big kitchen and eating my breakfast brought back so many memories when my Dad was still a loud and healthy politician. The the house, and this kitchen was filled with so many people - supporters and relatives alike. My mom would play the attentive hostess to our guests while my Dad will regale us with stories of his political journeys. Back then, I couldn't even talk to them directly - and they don't have the time to talk to me. It's always thru their assistants and aides. Back then, I partly resented them for ignoring me and letting their staff watch and take care of me.

Now, this big house is no more than a museum that holds large picture frames of my family, my Dad's trophies and my Mom's collection of imported vases and ornamental plants.

With my Dad sick, the task of continuing his campaign became mine - my Mom volunteered me and his political party endorsed me. Of course I wanted out, but as soon as my candidacy was announced - the growing number of supporters sealed my fate. I became an instant politician.

But unlike my parents, I don't like the limelight and the attention that came with it. I delegate but I don't employ my own personal staff to do my bidding. I do things my own - my grocery shopping, pick up my laundry and I personally go to where I'm needed. No political image building, no publicist for me.

Over the years, I was often ask when I would tie the knot. And looking back on the different women who tried to become my wife - I'd always say not too soon. I have always love the company of women, but nothing has caught my attention enough to talk about marriage. I have always been devoted to my work, to the task my father passed on to me.

Except, yesterday - when I almost followed that brown-eyed lady. When she hurriedly left, I almost forgot that I was needed to receive and sign off the tables and chairs for the elementary school district. I have never come across anyone that held my attention just as soon as our eyes met. But I forced myself to get the job done so as not to get the attention of other people and the local media that was there that morning.

She left and yet, I am determined that I would find her. I am most certain that we will meet again.