Chapter 23

August 20, 3:06 PM

(Y/N) sits on the couch, Masky's present in hand. It is a small yellow box with a red ribbon wrapped around it. She grins and quickly opens it. She gasps at what's inside, pulling out a little (Favorite/Animal) plushie. Attached to it is a little note. She reads it and smiles wider. "Thank you, Masky!" She says, hugging the little (F/A).

Next she grabs the blue box; Hoodie's present. She opens it with no hesitation and pulls out a pocket knife and a camera. She smiles and looks at Hoodie. "Thank you!" The male nods in response.

Finally, she grabs Kate's present; a small white card. She reads it quickly and giggles, giving Kate, who sits next to her, a hug. The masked girl seems startled, but hugs back anyways.

"What did you get her, Toby?" I blush and look down. I hear Masky chuckle. "Come on! You can tell us!" He teased.

"I- well it's kinda complicated..." I say timidly. I hear (Y/N) sigh and walk over to me.

"He asked me out," she says casually. I blush deeper as I hear a chorus of cheers.

"Proove it," Masky says. I start to protest, but am cut off by a pair of lips colliding onto mine. (Y/N) pulls away and grins, a light blush on her cheeks.

"So what should we do now?" She asks.

Masky's eyes light up. "Let's have a horror move marathon! What should we watch first?"

"Hmm... What about Child's Play? It's a long series and I haven't watched all of the movies yet!" I smile and nod. "What do you think, Hoodie?"

"Sure," he says.

"Kate?" She hums a response. "I'll take that as a yes. So what are we gonna watch it on?"

"We have an old TV downstairs. Brian, wanna help me get it?" Masky asks. Hoodie nods and they walk towards the staircase.

"Wait you have a basement?" (Y/N) asks. Masky and Hoodie freeze.

"Yeah, we do," Masky replies calmly.

"Can I see?"

"We should stay up here!" I inject. "You know, make this place comfortable." She turns to me, smiles, and nods. Masky gives me a nod of appreciation, and the pair walk over to the wall next to the stairs. (Y/N) looks at them quizzically. They carefully remove a section of the wood nd set it on the floor, revealing a staircase leading to the basement. I flance over at (Y/N), her face is filled with awe.

"You have a secret basement? That's so cool!" She says excitedly. I smile at her reaction.

"Yup!" Masky says. "We'll be right back." With that, they head down the flight of stairs.

"Let's go get some blankets!" I say to (Y/N). "Kate, you wanna make popcorn?" She nods and walks over to the microwave. I lead (Y/N) upstairs and into my room. I walk over to the closet and look around inside. "I swear I had some blankets in here..." I mumble. "Aha! Found them!" I pull out a small stack of blankets and give them to (Y/N), before going into the closet again. I pull out a stack of pillows and head towards the door. "I think that's all we need from in here."

When we arrive downstairs, she smell of popcorn fills the air. (Y/N) smiles and walks over to the couch. "Let's move the coffee table back and put the blankets and pillows in front of it. A couple people can get the couch if they want." I set the blankets down and push the coffee table away from the couch. Just then, Masky and Hoodie come up the stairs with a big TV and a DVD player, setting it down on the table.

"The movies are up in my room. I'll be right back," Masky says. (Y/N) and I set up the blankets and pillows, while Kate brings a couple bowls of popcorn over.

"Smells good, Kate," Hoodie says.

"Thanks."

We sit there in awkward scilece for a while, before Masky comes back with a stack of DVDs.

"Let's get this marathon started!"

· · ·

It was only the third movie...
So what? I was tired!
Fair enough.
Sooo...
Why is this always awkward?
I don't know. Heh.
Do you want to dream?
Sure!

A feild with golden flowers. I smile and stroll among them. The peacefulness is ruined by a blood-curtling scream. My eyes widen and I spin around. The field is on fire. Blazes dance among the flowers, slowly creeping towards me. I faintly see a figure approaching through the flames. "(Y/N)!" The familiar voice calls. "Toby!" I respond. Tears prick my eyes as I curl into a ball on the floor. "Toby please help me... Toby please..."

· · ·

I am awoken by mumbling. What time is it..? I slowly open my eyes and look towards where the sounds were coming from. (Y/N)?

"Toby... Please... Help..." She mumbles. Shit...

"(Y/N)," I whisper. "Princess, wake up." I shake her lightly. She whimpers in her sleep. "(Y/N), please wake up." She groans and slightly opens her eyes. Suddenly, her eyes widen and she shoots up, breathing heavily. "Shhh... It's okay..." She turns to me and buries her head in my chest. I rub the back of her head.

We sit in that position for a while, until I break the silence. "Do you want to go for a walk?" She nods and stands up, wrapping her blanket around her shoulders. I lead her into the peaceful night.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask once we're a little ways away from the house.

"I-I don't know... I guess so... I was in a huge field full of golden flowers. Then I heard a scream and suddenly the whole field was on fire. It was closing in on me, but I heard your voice through the flames. I called out to help you and-and then you woke me up..." I pull her into my chest.

"It's okay... I got you..."