Intro

Things to know if your new to 'X Readers'

(Y.n) ~ Your Name

(L.n) ~ Last Name

(F.n) ~ Fake Name

(G.t) ~ Gamer Tag

(F.f) ~ Favorite Food

(F.d) ~ Favorite Drink

More will be added if needed

--------------------------------
Your POV

The year is 2045. In Columbus, Ohio.

These days life was a bummer. And Halladay fixed it for us. He created the Oasis so we didn't have to see harsh reality, but what used to be here before everything went downhill. He was a hero to us all.

James Hallady saw the future, and built it. He gave us a place to go, called the Oasis. The oasis being a virtual reality set that felt.. so real.

I bought the headset to Oasis a couple months after it came out. Since I had to save up money to even come close to buying one myself.

For me, I was born in 2028. That was after people stoped trying to fix problems. My parents, they gave me up when things went downhill. So I ended up living by myself, somewhat illegally.

I've been living in an abandoned camper at the edge of the stacks. If I got caught or they try to tear it down, I said I would pay to keep it up each year, along with groceries and running water.

Working at a Bakery helped, I baked and packaged the goods. Some days I would just package. It all depends, since that bakery is in the Oasis.

We delivered food to houses from the Oasis, but it actually gets delivered in reality. Pretty cool right?

Of course the computer takes the addresses to keep it a secret, I just bake and pack them up.

After the COVID-19 hit back in, well.. 2019, hell broke loose. Buildings were torn down and cities were destroyed.

Eventually it ended around 2024, and the stacks were being built. That's what I've learned in my last History class, if I remember correctly.

In the oasis, I'm the one to go into battles. I tried one out and became friends with Aech. We both didn't team but we worked together if one of us needed help.

Inside the Oasis, I hung around the two dorks Aech and Parzival. But outside in the real world, I got bullied by kids in my grade because I 'lost' my family at a young age.

Yes, I lied about how I was given up. I said my parents died so people won't tease or question me more.

Aech introduced me to Parzival, and the three of us became inseparable. Most times it was weird when I was there, since I was a girl.. and girls tend to 'not play video games'. Pff as if.

A bit before I met these two though, I actually met Art3mis. We did some videos of racing and fighting together, and were considered 'friends'.

So ever since I joined the oasis, life has been great. Parzival, Aech and I search for the keys together. Since everyone but IOI and the Gunters gave up. The first key being the race area.

Then there was a school project that had me gain my first real friend. Of course I never met him.. he's just my online pen pal.

We talked about almost everything. But I avoided telling him my oasis username. I told no one what it was for safety reasons..

Oh! My pen pals name you may ask?

His name is Wade Watts

----------------
Hope your enjoying this story. I didn't see much out there so I guess im starting this.

Words: 593

~Elayiah