Chapter One

I'm going to try and update as often as i can. Hopefully at least once a week :-)

The buzzing of an alarm clock are what saved her from the demons in her head. It was merely 6 in the morning, but she had to go to work. Her job was at a small bakery two blocks down from her apartment complex. It was perfect for her. Elizabeth was never far from her safe haven. "Shit!" She mumbled to herself as she reached over to turn it off. The sunlight of London was peaking through eliminating any hint of darkness.

She crawled out from under her blue comforter, and made her way to her kitchen to start a pot of tea. Waking up at 6 gave her the time she needed to have her morning cup of tea, get dressed, and still have a comfortable amount of time to get to her job. Her outfit choice today was simple: a pair of dark skinny jeans, a sleeveless white lacy top. She did simple make up and for jewelry she put on her infamous choker. Nothing out of the unordinary. She thought to herself that she had no one to impress, so she was happy in anything.

After she sat down and enjoyed her cup of tea, she slipped into her shoes, and headed out the door. The walk wasn't long, but it was peaceful. It gave Elizabeth enough time think back to the dreams that came to her last night.
.
"Oh come on Eli!! It's going to be soooo much fun!" the drunken boy slurred.
"I don't know, Matt. You don't seem like your in such a great condition to drive. I don't feel comfortable riding with you while you're like this," Elizabeth said while trying to get the boy, Matt, out of his car.
"Suit yourself babe! I'm going without you! Love you!" With that the Elizabeth watched the drunken Matt drive away never to return.
.
It had been a dream she had seen too often. Elizabeth could never push the thought of Matt's death out of her mind. She knew she wasn't at peace with what had happened, but what could she do? She was a busy girl who didn't have the extra time to grieve over the boy. Elizabeth reluctantly pushed those demons away as she entered her work place.

"Oh Goodmorning Bethy! Glad to see you up and moving on this fine morning," Elizabeth grunted at the curvy, sarcastic girl standing in front of her. You could call Elizabeth and Gwen friends, but Elizabeth wasn't interested in friends. Gwen was just another person that Elizabeth had learned to become used to over years working at the bakery.

"Goodmorning Gwen," she managed to say. Gwen was a classic Latino, other than the fact the was born in London. She had the tan and the curves, but she had a British accent to go along with it. She was a strange thing. She liked to party, but had a weird sense of humor.

The two got to work: Gwen cleaning tables and Elizabeth making coffee and handing people their morning snacks. It was a normal day for two. It wasn't too busy, and they didn't bother trying to make small talk with one another. All their usuals had come and gone and they had no new customers until around 10. At 10:06 (Gwen made sure she checked the time), the green eyed, curly hair boy walked in.