Chapter 8: I Love You?

Kelsey's POV:

I woke up early this morning to the sound of an alarm clock. I looked over. 10:43. At least I have time to sleep.
Wait, 10:43!!! I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL!

I jumped out of bed, and grabbed my phone off the charger. 17 Missed Calls. Wow! I looked at the calls and 10/17 were Gia. I immediately called her back. I know she wouldn't answer, she would be in class by now. As I concluded, she didn't answer but I left a message.

"Hey, it's me. I guess I never heard my alarm clock go off. I'm on my way now! See you soon!"

I jumped up and put on my simplest outfits I had. I grabbed some leggings and a long T-shirt, not noticing which one I grabbed. I slipped it on and left out to door.
*******
By the time I made it to school, it was lunch time, and I was so confused. As I checked in with the office, and walked to the lunch room, I got lots of cat calls and whistles. I really was so confused. I mean, I was late and I looked a mess.

I got to the cafeteria to find my my friends sitting at our regular table. Usually it was me, Gia, Scarlett, Scarlett's boyfriend James, and our friend Zach. But today, we had an extra member. Lucas.

What was he doing here?

As I walked past the jock's table, I noticed they threw off a few cat calls, only to be growled at by their sluts.

I sat down at the only available spot, next to Scarlett and in front of Lucas. As soon as I sat down, Gia looked at me and whispered "You do realize your wearing-". Before I heard what she was going to say, I heard Lucas speak up. "Nice shirt Kelsey." Ok, now I was really confused. "What do you mean?"
I didn't get it. I looked down and then looked back up with wide eyes.

I was wearing Lucas's old baseball jersey.

No, no, no this can't be happening. I could have sworn I grabbed my blue T- shirt. I finally realized why i was hearing cat calls, they thought I was with Lucas.

"Um, Gia, may I speak to you, ALONE?!?" I whisper shouted to her.
She just looked at me and shook her head. "But, it's important!" Come on. Why isn't she getting up? "Sorry Kels. You look better in it than he does." She did NOT say that. How dare she! I didn't want to look up, I knew I would blush. But I guess I didn't have a choice, I stopped as I felt a hand grab my chin. "You know, she's right. You look more beautiful than you did that night I left. I never did get to apologize. I never meant to break your heart. I was a stupid, hormonal 16 year old boy. I thought I did the right decision. But now that I think about it, I not only broke your heart but I broke mine. The night I left, I cried myself to sleep. The reality of what I had done made me want to fly back here and show you exactly how much I loved you. But that wasn't a choice in the matter. Yes, I had become a bad boy, and slept with girls for the fun of it, but the whole time, I was thinking about you Kelsey. I love you so-" I stopped him there by pressing my lips to his.

He gently grabbed my face with both hands and kissed me back. He licked my bottom lip and I gladly opened for him. At this moment I had completely forgotten that we were surrounded by my best friends. As much as I didn't want to, I pulled back and slowly whispered to him, "I never stopped loving you, but if you think I forgive you, boy do you have it wrong. You'll have to work to get me back."

He looked at me with his emerald eyes and just nodded.

Boy am I glad he's back.