Chapter 10: A Trip Down Memory Lane

Kelsey's POV:

Nervous was the word of the night. I was currently sitting in Lucas's truck riding down the road. "So, are you going to tell me where we are going or what we are doing?" I asked him nervously. "Well, I could say I am obligated to do the cliché 'It's a surprise' thingy, but I'm not going to do that. All I can say is that we," he paused and pointed bank and forth to us. "Are going on a trip down memory lane."

When he said that I automatically knew exactly where we are going.

•------•
Flash back. 7 years ago.
"KELSEY, come on!!! We have to hurry!!" a 11 year old Lucas yelled from across the yard. I heard him and began running as fast as I could over to Lucas's house with out messing up my hair.
Today was the day we were going on our first date. I couldn't wait! Last weekend, at the school dance, Lucas said he liked me and asked me to be his girlfriend. At first I thought I was dreaming, until he started blubbering and saying things I couldn't understand. When he started saying random things, I knew I wasn't dreaming. Before I knew it, the whole 5th grade was staring at us. Everybody became quiet as Lucas waited on my answer. "Yes..." when I said it I hoped he heard me but I guess he didn't because he looked at me again waiting on my answer. "Yes, ok I will be your girlfriend." Everyone started clapping and Lucas grabbed my hand and ran out if the door past the teachers, outside where apparently, Mrs. Cass was coming to get us.
We stood there in silence as we waited for Mrs. Cass to come get us. "I'm glad you said yes, because that would've been very upsetting for Aunt Cass." he said quietly laughing. "Wait, what do you mean?" I said confused.
Lucas's face went blank as he realized what he said out loud. "Because," he said. "Aunt Cass already said she's going to bring us on our first date this weekend." he said with a smile.
Before I could respond to what he said, Mrs. Cass pulled up and we were out of the parking lot and on our way home.
I guess I spaced out because soon, I felt Lucas pulling on my arm telling me to hurry up or we are going to be late. Late for what? I didn't know.
I was so surprised when we ended up going at a park. and what park may you ask? Well, as soon as I got here I knew this was going to be special.
This park was where our parent let us have our first play date. I remember it because at first, we didn't get along because he dumped my juice on the floor and stole my crackers.
"Lucas, are we seriously where we think we are?" I asked, still not believing that we were here. "Yeah, yeah we are." he said laughing. That night we laughed and ran around playing games and then we went to the ice cream parlor that was around the corner for our house. That was the best night of my childhood.
•~~~~~~~~~~~~•
Over all, that was the best day ever. No body knows, but I still have a picture of us on that day under my pillow.
I guess going to that flashback, I started to cry, because a few seconds later, I felt his finger on my cheek wiping a tear away from my face. "Hey, hey now. If you don't want to be here we can leave." He said with a sad look on his face. "No, I'm okay. I was just having a flashback of our first date. Good times, good times." I said with a sad smile. "Yeah," he said, "those were good memories, but we are here now. Together. To make new memories. So hey, calm down and let's get through this. If not, I think you know the consequences." he said smirking. "No. No. Don't you dare. Please, Lucas don't do this." I said begging him. "Oh, but I think I have to." Before I got a chance to say anything, he was running at me and had me on the ground, straddling me while ticking my sides.
"N-no... s-stop, c-can't b-breathe" I said through laughter and tears. He sat there, laughing looking down at me with something in his eyes that I just couldn't put my finger on it.
"Lucas-" I was cut off by him bringing his lips to mine with so much power that I swear I could have started flying. He pulled back for a second realizing that I wasn't kissing back. "Kelsey, look, I'm sorr- " he started but I cut him off saying "God you talk to much," pulling him back down to meet my lips with his. This time, he immediately kissed back, rolling over pulling me on top of him. His tongue ran over my bottom lip, asking for entrance. Of course I let him in battling his tongue for dominance. I started off in control until his hands went down to my back rubbing his hands on my back and then going down placing his hands under my butt, which resulted in a moan coming for me and Lucas taking over dominance. We sat there for the longest time kissing, only pulling away to catch our breaths, but not keeping our lips away from each other very long. After a while, we both sat there looking up at the stars.
"Y'know," he began, "I have to say, you have gotten better at kissing." he said smirking. "So, I wasn't a good kisser before?" I said rolling my eyes. "Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying." he said with the same smirk engraved on his face. "Well," I said putting myself back on top of him, straddling him. "Well, well, well. I seem to remember you saying I was the best kisser in the world before you left." I said smugly. "Okay, okay I got it. I understand. And I agree, you were an amazing kisser, but now you are evn better." he said to me picking up his head pecking my lips.

A little while later, we were sitting in his truck, in front of my house. We were sitting there in a comfortable silence as he held my hand playing with my fingers. "You know, I have to say, this happened to be one of the best dates I've ever been on with you." I said looking up at him. "Hey! What? How is this ONE of the best?" He said faking being hurt. "Well, I have to say my favorite one was at the pool party when you got jealous because Nick was flirting with me and pulled me into his lap. Boy, your face got red. I loved it. The way you got jealous and your face got red and the way you almost punch Nick. It was priceless. I loved it so much." I said giving him a kiss sitting up, and getting out of the truck. "Good night Lucas. I love you." I said to him getting out of the truck and going to my house.

Later that night while laying in bed I felt my phone vibrating.
"I love you too." ~Lucas

Let's just say, I feel asleep easily.