Chapter 9: I'm a girl?

Lucas's POV:

Me saying I was nervous was the understatement of the century. The other day, after I kinda confessed my love to Kelsey in front of the whole school, she agreed to go on another first date, with me. As long as we took it slow. I agreed and we were going out today.

I stood in front of my closet trying to figure out what I'm going to wear. I tore through my closet again and then went back through the pile on the floor. "God, your as bad as a girl. Not even Kels is that bad, and trust me... She's bad." Gia's words made me jump and then groan as I realized what she was saying. "So, are you intending I'm acting like a girl?" I ask her with a smirk. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing." She said copying the same smirk. She came fully in my room and sat on my bed. "Wow, you seem like you need help. I mean, I do know Kelsey is struggling too, but I didn't know you'd be the one caught up by a girl."

Right now, I wished I could slap her.

"So, are you going to help me or not? Cause if not, you need to leave." I said getting aggravated. "Yes, I'll help, but you have to tell me exactly what your doing for your date." That sneaky little brat. "Fine, but after that you leave."
She nodded but didn't get up. "So, are you gonna help?" She really didn't understand how aggravating she was getting. "Oh yeah." She got up and helped me pick me clothes.

When we were done, I was wearing a baby blue button up shirt and some blue jeans. I thought it actually was nice. By the time I was finished, I had 10 minutes before it was time to pick Kelsey up. I was fixing to walk out the door, but then I realized... I'm missing flowers, or was that too cliché? I chose to just get one flower, and since I don't have time to go the store, I may have stolen a rose from Aunt Cass's vase. But I guess I was space out, because I felt a hand on my back and I was being pushed out the door and handed my keys. All I heard was "Bye! See you later.", and the door was being slammed in my face.

I made my way to my truck, and got in chuckling because, well, she lives next door. I started up the truck and drive next door. I grabbed the rose and hopped out of the truck. I think I was become more nervous by the minute.
'Don't think about it. You'll be fine.' I heard Gia's voice in my head. I walked straight to the door and rung the doorbell. As I figured, Connor opened the door. He smiled at me and pushed me inside. "KELSEY JADE MATHERS! GET DOWN HERE NOW!!!" I was sort of deafened by Connor's voice.

I watched as Kelsey came down the stairs. "Wow, your gorgeous. I still can't believe I get another chance." She blushed more than I've ever seen her blush before. "So you ready to go? I asked as I grabbed her hand. We walked out the door saying bye to Connor.

We got to the truck and I helped her in. As we started to drive down the road, I reached over and grabbed Kelsey's hand and gave it a quick squeeze.

"I love you so much Kelsey Jade."
"I love you too Lucas James."

When she said that, I knew this was gonna be the best date ever.

************
There's 2 parts, this one and the actual date. Posting part 2 tomorrow.
This is dedicated to my Boo Bear! 😍
I love ya girly!