Kabanata 49

Kabanata 49

Questions

"Why did you betray me?" she asked again in the morning after we made love.

Nakahilig siya sa balikat ko habang natatabunan ang parehong katawan namin ng duvet blanket, though hers covered up to her bosom, while mine cosvered my V-line downwards. Hindi naman masyadong malamig sa suite namin kaya okay lang. Besides, her laying beside me was enough to fill my body with an ethereal warmth, though she was also capable of giving me a different kind of it.

"Did you really think I could do that to you?" I feigned an offended tone.

Ngumuso siya. I stared at her pursed red lips. Damn. Now, I'm itching to taste her again.

"Of course! Tatanungin ba kita kung hindi?" Kinurot niya ang tagiliran ko kaya bahagya akong napa-igtad. Sinipat ko siya bago marahang humalakhak. "You were such a jerk! Hmp!"

Hinawakan ko ang kamay niyang nasa tagiliran ko at nilapat 'yon sa tiyan ko. I saw how her pupils dilated when I made her touch my rock-hard abs. Sumilay ang isang mapaglarong ngisi sa labi ko. Aba, dapat lang na magulat siya kasi talagang pinaghirapan ko 'yan para sa kaniya!

"Stop seducing me! You're always like that when we're talking about a serious topic, Chamuel!"

"Anong ako? Between the two of us, you're the seductress. Ikaw 'yon."

"Ikaw! Remember when we were talking about my real identity in Isla Victoriosa? You seduced me that time, that's why we ended up fucking in that remote islet!"

Napahawak ako sa dibdib ko. "I did not seduce you! You touched my fucking dick, Anastacia! What do you want me to do, swim in the ocean to calm myself down?"

Nagkatitigan kami. Unti-unting nawala ang nanunukat niyang tingin at napalitan ng pagkahibang. We bursted out laughing like we just watched a comedy show. Umiiling niyang marahang tinampal ang dibdib ko.

"We're straying far from the topic, love. Ginagawa mo siguro 'yan para mawala 'yung paniningil ko ng katotohan sa 'yo, ano?"

I shrugged. "Fine. Where do you want me to start?"

"Hmm," she lagged and settled herself on my shoulder comfortably. Niyakap niya ako. "Who released my identity? Was it you?"

My fingers stroked the strands of her hair in a tender manner. Sobrang liit niya sa mga bisig ko kaya 'di ko mapigilang tratuhin siya na parang babasaging baso. She's a fragile person even before. Ngayon nga lang ay mas naging matapang at malakas na siya. The way she handled her emotion had improved a lot since then and I couldn't be more proud of her.

"It's not me. It's Heraldo Arganza, Anayah's father," I explained.

Silence enveloped us for a moment. Somehow, my heart flinched at how she thought that I really betrayed her. I understand that things were all going down too fast that night, but I hoped that she trusted me a little more. Kasi ako, kahit noong hinalikan niya si Rowan sa harap ko, umasa pa rin ako.

That time, I knew that she only did it to prove a point. The deed was what pushed me to turn around and walk away. Pero noon, alam kong mahal niya pa rin ako, maaga nga lang siyang sumuko. There's no point in sorting through missteps anymore, though. The dust had settled and the time had changed. Seasons came and went, we changed, but now, we're here.

I could actually call this a happy ending already. Her hands wrapped around my torso and her soft breathing against my neck. If I were to choose, this was already enough for me.

"Bakit niya 'yon gagawin? And aren't you an ally of his, too? Hindi mo ako sinagot kahit ilang beses akong nag-text sa 'yo! Maybe you wanted me to fall into his trap!"