Chapter 2

Luna and Lips were strolling across the mall, with Luna still clutching onto Lips's forearm after the little incident with the lady before. However, Lips didn't mind at all. He loved protecting his loved ones, whether it's his friends or any of his family, but with Luna, it was different. Lips was actually freaking out on the inside, but trying to keep calm on the outside. He was freaking out because Luna was his crush, and loved her like crazy; but he felt at least a little calm now that Luna gained his trust and he's gained hers.
The two then strolled passed a large water fountain in the middle of the mall, where people would throw pennies in the water to make a wish and hope it'll come true. Lips looked down and saw it caught Luna's eye. He smiled.

"Oh. You like the fountain?" Lips asked quietly. Luna nodded slowly as she was mesmerized by the ripples of the water and how beautifully blue it was. "Well here c'mere I'll show ya. We can get a li'l closer."

Lips led Luna to the fountain and sat down on the stone edge, patting a spot next to him, and smiled.

"C'mon come sit. Don't be shy." Lips said gently, offering her hand and letting her sit down. She hesitated at first, but then took in his offer. She sat down beside him and looked at the beautiful fountain and its waters.

Lips smiled as he saw reflections of the water ripples on Luna's face. "Pretty huh?" Lips asked, "Ya see the pennies in there?" Luna nodded slowly.

"There's a li'l story behind that." Lips said, now getting Luna's attention, "People believe that if you make a wish 'n toss in a penny in a water fountain, there is a possibility that the wish you make will come true."

Luna's eyes sparkled in amusement, like a child who just saw a brand new toy on the shelf and stares at it in awe.

"But you can't tell what the secret is." Lips said, "Otherwise, it won't come true."

Luna nods in understanding. She looked back down at the water, to see her reflection rippling through the water. Lips smiled and joined her next to her.

"You see your reflection, there?" Lips asked.

Luna was silent. Lips noticed a saddened look on her face. A look that could be saying that maybe she didn't like how she looked in the water, or just in general. Lips was beginning to think she felt a little self-concious.
"Ya know what I see in that reflection?" Lips asked, "I see a beatufiul girl there; and I see a very beautiful girl right here next to me."

Lips then blushed red, as did Luna as she looked at him with a warm smile.

Then Lips had an idea. "Hey here I got an idea." he said, pulling out two pennies from his pocket and handing one to Luna, "Here. We can each make our own wishes."

Luna stared at the penny in silence as it was in the palm of her hand, looking confused. Lips smiled with a soft chuckle.

"Here Luna, watch me." Lips said as he held the penny close to his lips for a minute, then kissed it, and then tossed it in the fountain, "Like that!"

Luna looked at him in confusion. All of a sudden a very quiet voice came from Luna's mouth. Lips was unable to hear it.

"Hmm?" Lips asked, getting a little closer to hear her better.

"You didn't wish for anything..." Luna whispered.

Her voice. Her voice was the one thing Lips had been waiting for. It sounded so beautiful, like an innocent child's voice; so cute, so shy.

"Of course I made a wish, darlin'." Lips replied in the most gentle tone of voice, "I made a wish in my mind. It's easy! Go on you try. Make a wish."