Chapter 15

COCO'S POV

"Thanks for the ride", I said as we reached my place.
"I'll see you later on at your party. Where is it going to be by the way", I said as I took off my seat belt.
"At Lux, Raheem's club", he said.
"Uhh.. before you go, I just want to let you know that I had a lot of fun tonight and I was also serious about wanting to be with you. I know it's too soon but would you like to be my girlfriend?", he asked.
He looked really nervous asking me to be his girlfriend and to honest, I was nervous too. I didn't know if I was ready to be someone's girlfriend.

" I.. I don't know Maleek", I answered nervously. "I have to go", I said as I opened the door and left.
It felt like a dick move at the time but if I continued staying there, I wouldn't have said anything useful so me going was like the best move.
I finally got into my apartment and I was glad. I could hear giggles and laughter and I just hoped it wasn't Bri. I mean I love the girl but she can be a bit too much for me.
"There she is", said Makayla as she got up from her seat.
"OMG Makya I missed you so much", I said as I went in for a hug. Then next five minutes were just the three of us screaming and hugging and saying a bunch of things no one really understood.

Darni, Makayla and I were childhood friends. We met Bri while we were in campus. The three of us grew up together and our parents were really close friends. Since we were on holiday Makayla had decided to go back home in LA and stay there. But since we had a week before we resumed school, she decided to come back.
"How are the parents doing", I said as I sat down and joined them.
"Oouh, they are fine. They miss you guys alot though", she said.
"And where have you been Miss? Looking all cute and sexy", Darni said as she handed me a glass of wine.
"No where really, just hanging out with a friend", I said.

"Raheem?", Darni asked getting all excited.
"Raheem as in Bri's older brother?, girl you is nasty", Makayla said and we all started laughing.
We spent the entire night just talking and drinking and finally we all got tired and decided to go to bed. Since there was no way I would wake up on time to go to work, I decided to call in sick.
I was enjoying my sleep until someone started shaking me.
"Wake up Coco, we're going to be late! ", she shouted.
"Leave me alone", I said, pulling the covers and covering my head.
"Stop playing girl, Bri is going to be here any minute now. Wake your ass up", Darni said.
I was really tired. I wasn't even sure if I'd go to the party after what I did to Maleek.

I got up and sat down. Looking around was Darni who was half dressed and Makayla was somewhere shouting for some reason.
"Get up", Darni said as she touched my cheek.
"It's a party, not a fashion nova event", I said.
"Just get into the shower bitch, and you never know Raheem might be there", Darni said giving me a devilish smile.
"What's your obsession with Raheem girl", I said as I got out of bed.
"I know he makes you happy and I haven't seen you that happy in a long time", she said.
"Whatever girl", I chuckled as I undressed.
"And in the mean time I'll pick you an outfit", Darni said as she walked towards my closet.
"Stay away from my clothes", I yelled as I got into the shower.
"No!", Darni yelled back.
The hot water felt really good against my skin.

After I was done, I got out and went to get dressed.
"So we had a lot of choices but I think this will look great on you", Makyla said.
"What am I, a stripper? I'm not wearing that. My everything will be seen", I complained.
"Well what do you want to wear", Darni asked.
"I don't know, some sweatpants and a top?", I said.
I wasn't that excited about the party and it's not like I was going to get any attention there. Why not just lay low.
"Heck no!", Darni said. She looked upset by my choice which was kind of cute that she cared how I looked.
"Okay, how about this blue dress", I said pulling out a blue party dress from the closet.
"Okay fine, but I liked my outfit better", she said. Actually she was trying to guilt trick me into picking her outfit but I was smart.

I got dressed, did a little bit of makeup and after taking a bunch of selfies we left.
"Oh btw Coco my love, Raheem is here", Bri said. Getting all excited.
"Okay what is with you people", I said feeling a little bit agitated.
I mean Raheem wasn't a bad person or anything, I just didn't know where I stood with him or Maleek for that matter.
The club was parked. But not with the regular crowd though, but with the boogie type of  crowd.
"I am going to get a drink", I said as I left the girls and headed to the bar.
"Hey, can I get a glass of chardonnay", I told the bartender.
"Hey doll", a voice said from behind me.
I know that voice. It gave me goosebumps.
I turned around to see Raheem standing there with a drink in his hand.

Is it just me or did he get even more hotter.
"Hey Raheem", I said as I picked my drink.
"You are a wine girl I see", he said motioning to the drink in my hand.
"Yeah, we both know I get a little bit crazy when I'm drank", I said.
"So where have you been", I asked. I wasn't expecting a clear answer, it just seemed like a nice icebreaker at the time.
"I am so sorry for leaving you like that, I had to deal with some business stuff out of town", he said.
He looked sorry but I wasn't buying any of it.
"I missed you so much doll", he said as he surprisingly leaned forward and hugged me. He didn't let go. It felt weird but in a good way. Like he never wanted to let me go. It made me feel so good.
"I have to tell you something", he said as he finally let me go.
"Yeah sure, I'm listen... My words were cut off. As some girl walked up to us.
" There you are darling", said the girl. As she reached to the bar.

She was fair skinned. Had too much makeup if you asked me. She wore a really tight red dress that made her boobs look like they were going to fall off. She wasn't that bad looking though.
She placed her hands all over Raheem and she introduced herself to me.
"Hey I'm Camila, Raheem's fiancé", she said flushing her diamond ring in my face.
"Oh, his fiancé", I said as I looked at Raheem.
He didn't seem happy.
"Well nice to meet you Camila, I'm Coco", I said as I extended out my hand.
"Well, I should leave you two lovebirds alone", I said as I walked away.
I will admit, it broke my heart. I mean it finally makes sense that he'd disappear all this long just to emerge with a fiancé afterwards.
I needed to clear my head. I headed towards the VIP room.

There wasn't anyone in there and it surprised me. At least I thought I'd find Maleek and his boys popping bottles and smoking but there wasn't anyone inside.
I sat on the sofa and I tried to digest the fact that Raheem had a whole ass fiancé. There was music playing in the background but it was the soft kind. Not the hard banging music that was playing at the front of the club. Just then I had a noise. It sounded like someone moaning. But that was impossible because there was no room in there.
I got up and decided to follow the sound. I finally got to a wall and there you could hear the whole thing.
"Fuck me harder Maleek", the voice said.
Wait, Maleek? That can't be my Maleek.
I touched the wall to see if I could find a door but I couldn't. I pushed it and it finally opened.

If you asked me, it would have been better if I just stayed with Raheem and his thot of a fiancé.
In front of my eyes was Maleek Fucking some girl.
"Oh shit", he said as soon as he saw me.
I just stood there, too shocked to do or say anything.
"Coco I can explain", he said as he got to me.
The girl was trying to cover herself up but I couldn't care less.
"I never want to talk to you ever again", I said as I finally got my strength back.
I exited the room and went to sit on the sofa.
It hurt so much. It felt like my chest was hurting like it was going to explode. I was so angry at Maleek and myself. I should have known better than to catch feelings for a womanizer.

"Coco let me explain", he said as he got in front of me.
"LEAVE ME ALONE MALEEK. I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. FUCK YOU MALEEK. FUCK YOU",I yelled. I didn't care if people heard me.
"What's going on here", Bri said as she, Darni and Raheem walked in.
"Coco are you okay?", Raheem said as he walked up to me.
"Stay away from me, the both of you", I said as I walked out.
"Coco", Darni called after me.
I should have just stayed home and maybe binge on Power like I had planned. The kind of pain I was feeling, I wouldn't even wish it on my worst enemy.
"Coco are you okay? ", Darni asked as she finally caught up to me.
"Just take me home. I am done with these people", I said as I walked towards the parking lot.