the sea parts

Once upon  a time, a normal girl was searching, her whole life, for a father that didn't seem to exist.

Her twin brother gave up a long time ago and the girl was getting ready to give up herself when they were thrust into his arms. And his war.

Now she's being told she's not meant to exist. She's less meant to exist than her brother. The first.

Also that she's half sea god. Maybe.

When her brother gets sent on a quest with some random girl, she is the first to volunteer her services, despite his incessant whining on the subject.

Their goal? Find Zeus's Master Bolt before he incinerates her twin, and avenge their mother. Tough to do when you're being stalked and slowed by a suspicious war god.

None of this is normal. If it was, you wouldn't be here. But demigods aren't too good at normal.

My name is Marielena Jackson and the girl in this story is me. She's not okay and perhaps she never will be.

Not for a long time, at least.

dedicated to mr riordan who, despite being one sassy little shít, gave so many people so much hope by writing about another sassy little shít

dedicated to mr riordan who, despite being one sassy little shít, gave so many people so much hope by writing about another sassy little shít. i thank you.