0.6

Ripped out of fairy tales, our story begun

Ripped out of fairy tales, our story begun. Yet it hung by a thin strand. Because when I saw myself as your friend, you only saw yourself as my muse.

We'd meet under the pinkish evening sky, near the football field, under cherry blossoms and we'd talk. Well, I'd talk and you'd listen. You were a good listener, or so I hoped.

One day I placed my brush down and sighed, hugging my knees.

"I don't want for us to be friends anymore."

We were young, sixteen or so. I was what people called an enigma. I was common in every aspect, the only thing that made me stand out was my bluntness.

But aren't common people, the ones that rise most questions? Because if you stop to observe, you'll realize that "normal" doesn't exist.

So the mare aspect of my simplicity shrouded me in a thick mist of unanswered questions. An enigma.

You fixed your eyes back on mine and you just stared. You hurt me again through your silence. A cold silence that started a wild fire in my lungs.

"I guess we weren't friends anyways." I whispered and stood up. I hoped for you to stop me, to prove me wrong. But you never did, so I walked away.

I left you behind. And now I wish I never did.