1.2

I stood still, forgetting how to breathe, how to walk, how to just be

I stood still, forgetting how to breathe, how to walk, how to just be. I wavered like a dead leaf in the autumn breeze. I shivered trying to swallow the node that formed in my throat.

I wanted to scream, to make her leave, to call you mine. But oh how selfish that would've been and so I remained silent, burying my feelings deep in my heart.

If only I could've painted this view, if only I could've replicated the exact feelings I felt in that second. Oh, what a tragedy.

And all of a sudden I felt like an intruder in the place I yesterday called home.

Because I was no longer your sun, because she made you smile in a way I thought only I could. I could make out the look in your eyes. Because I, myself, worn it when I was looking at you.

I took a step back, then another one and another one. I turned around and I started running. I stormed through the cafeteria running for my life.

I left school without even taking my backpack, I ran, head hanging low. Cowardly. Broken. Hurt.

And once again, I did what I always do, I ran away. Tears invaded my lungs, making me choke and i felt like the whole world came crushing down my shoulders.