1.3

Ignorance, perhaps the only weapon I had against you, against myself

Ignorance, perhaps the only weapon I had against you, against myself. It was more like a shield, I was desperately trying to keep you away from me.

Ignored I felt when you ditched me for her. Ignored were your phone calls. Ignored I felt when you looked at her the way I hoped you'd look at me. Ignored were your voice messages. Ignored I felt when you forgot about me altogether. Ignored were the pebbles you threw at my window under the starry night.

Betrayed I felt when you traded me for her. Betrayed you felt when I went to the window and pulled the curtains closed.

Hurt I felt when you held her hand under our tree, under our craved names. Hurt you felt when your friend left you hanging in the rain.

And something inside us broke, shattered lent et douloureux. A little crack that was yet to grow and spread like an infectious disease, taking over our souls and hearts.

Tears I had in my eyes that night as I laid on the cold bed, all alone with no one by my side. Tears you had in your eyes in the morning when you asked me why  was I ignoring you.

Hurt was only I when I said I didn't see you there last night.

And just like that you swallowed my lie without questioning because no one questions the answers they hope to get.

So why am I the one to inure the sour truths today.